Dashed Outline on a polygon

Post by Barnaby Burma » Sat, 06 Jan 2001 08:33:42

Hi,

Is there anyway in Arc/View you can use a dashed line as the outline for a
polygon?

Barnaby Burman

Dashed Outline on a polygon

Post by Artur Grall » Sat, 06 Jan 2001 17:13:40

I dont think so... but if you convert the poly theme to line theme, you can
overlay the outline of the polygon (make it transparent) with a dashed line of
the line shapefile.
Artur

> Hi,

> Is there anyway in Arc/View you can use a dashed line as the outline for a
> polygon?

> Barnaby Burman

Dipl. Geogr. Artur Gralla

BFH - Bundesforschungsanstalt fuer Forst- und Holzwirtschaft
<Federal Research Centre for Forestry and Forest Products>
Leuschnerstrasse 91, 21027 Hamburg
Institut fr Oekonomie

Fon: ++49 (0)40 739 62-321
Fax: ++49 (0)40 739 62-317

I-net: http://www.dainet.de/bfh/

Dashed Outline on a polygon

Post by Gre » Sun, 07 Jan 2001 09:01:55

There is a nice little script you can download from the esri site that will
do this.  I believe it is called "Change polygon outline pattern". It
worked great to make thick lines around my polygons. -Greg

--

Dashed Outline on a polygon

Post by Heinz-Josef Lückin » Tue, 09 Jan 2001 06:42:53

When will there be a toll for customising symbols, lines and fills for
arcview. Companies allready earn money by generating simple graphics for
ESRI/ArcView!!!

> There is a nice little script you can download from the esri site that
will
> do this.  I believe it is called "Change polygon outline pattern". It
> worked great to make thick lines around my polygons. -Greg

> >I dont think so... but if you convert the poly theme to line theme, you
> >can overlay the outline of the polygon (make it transparent) with a
> >dashed line of the line shapefile.
> >Artur

> >> Hi,

> >> Is there anyway in Arc/View you can use a dashed line as the outline
> >> for a polygon?

> >> Barnaby Burman

> >--
> >Dipl. Geogr. Artur Gralla

> >BFH - Bundesforschungsanstalt fuer Forst- und Holzwirtschaft
> ><Federal Research Centre for Forestry and Forest Products>
> >Leuschnerstrasse 91, 21027 Hamburg
> >Institut fr Oekonomie

> >Fon: ++49 (0)40 739 62-321
> >Fax: ++49 (0)40 739 62-317

> >I-net: http://www.dainet.de/bfh/

> --

Dashed Outline on a polygon

Post by Gre » Tue, 09 Jan 2001 23:50:40

Not sure I understand your comment. But who would pay for something that is
already developed, free, and easy to use?

Quote:>When will there be a toll for customising symbols, lines and fills for
>arcview. Companies allready earn money by generating simple graphics for
>ESRI/ArcView!!!

Dashed Outline on a polygon

Post by Raymon » Sat, 13 Jan 2001 05:38:42

Could you please explain this remarks.  Are you complaining that it did not
come stock with AV?  That ESRI offers it for free?  Do you think that it is not
free from ESI and are complaining you have to pay for it?

> When will there be a toll for customising symbols, lines and fills for
> arcview. Companies allready earn money by generating simple graphics for
> ESRI/ArcView!!!

1. Change outline itype n Polygon

I am looking a way o change the outline symbol of
a polygon feature.  Something like a trace of interval lines, a line of
circles or anything that will help me identify the different
polygon features when printed in black and white.

Jose

2. ******** THE ALLIANCE ********

3. Toshiba DC in light blinks Morse Code: dash dot dot dash

4. HP Cash-In/Trade-Up Progam

5. AV: Polygon inside a polygon

6. Deskmate 3.0.5

7. Multi-polygon from individual polygons

8. Scrolling text

9. mad dash racing .. help

10. dash board

11. crazy dash