Answering my own question (USGS DEM)

Post by Rob Erskin » Sat, 23 Dec 2000 02:52:51

In a previous post, I described a problem with importing USGS DEMs.  I have
found that if you have a directory in your path to the .DEM file that
contains a space in it, then the file will not import and you receive this
error:

"GRD ERROR - Syntax error at or near symbol))"

Because I was naming my directories based upon the USGS quad names, I
originally thought the problem came with having a space in the quad name.

-Rob

1. IDL Procedure to read/write USGS DEMs

I am working on integrating topographic data at various spatial
resolutions within a single
USGS 7.5 minute DEM.  This requires changing the data structure for a
DEM to
handle sections of variable resolution.

Does anyone know of an existing IDL procedure that reads or writes USGS
DEMs?
(DEM = digital elevation model).  If so, I would like to use it as a
starting point.

Thanks,

John Brock

2. Odd error message re Unix filename

3. Reading USGS DEMs

4. WTB Apple II Literature & Hardware

5. IDL routine to load USGS digital elevation datat sets .dem extensions

6. Arms Races

7. XYZ to Usgs Dem

8. Win 98 auto-redirects Win 95 URL's

9. Contour to USGS DEM?