hyper linking in ArcIMS

Post by Dave Mitchel » Sat, 30 Dec 2000 08:39:44

Greetings all,

Does ArcIMs support hyperlinking like the Arcview/IMS combo did formerly? If
so, where is it buried within ArcIMS?

--

Regards,

Dave Mitchell
CSC Corp.

hyper linking in ArcIMS

Post by gisdud » Sun, 31 Dec 2000 05:58:30

Hi Dave -- There are a couple of ways to do this. You can make the
lightning bolt active and use it to click the symbol to go to a web
page, and/or you can make a URL (or multiple URLs) clickable in the
results window. I prefer the second option myself.

The techniques to do this are in the documentation. I have downloaded
the Customizing ArcIMS HTML Viewer from ArcIMS Online -- then do a
search for "hyperlink" and you will find some notes. Check the
Documentatoin area under HTML Viewer.

-- look at page 20.

I've created services with multiple URL's in the table and made them
all clickable. A new window will open up with the site. Pretty nice.

Hope this helps.

You might also want to look at pages 29-30 and

Quote:> Greetings all,

> Does ArcIMs support hyperlinking like the Arcview/IMS combo did
formerly? If
> so, where is it buried within ArcIMS?

> --

> Regards,

> Dave Mitchell
> CSC Corp.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

hyper linking in ArcIMS

Post by Dave Mitchel » Mon, 01 Jan 2001 08:23:08

Thanks for the help. I download this guide as you suggest. Any idea why they
didn't make the lightning bolt hotlink feature a default like the other
tools? Seems silly unless there is some drawback to using it by default that
ESRI does not what the general public to know about.

> Hi Dave -- There are a couple of ways to do this. You can make the
> lightning bolt active and use it to click the symbol to go to a web
> page, and/or you can make a URL (or multiple URLs) clickable in the
> results window. I prefer the second option myself.

> The techniques to do this are in the documentation. I have downloaded
> the Customizing ArcIMS HTML Viewer from ArcIMS Online -- then do a
> search for "hyperlink" and you will find some notes. Check the
> Documentatoin area under HTML Viewer.

> -- look at page 20.

> I've created services with multiple URL's in the table and made them
> all clickable. A new window will open up with the site. Pretty nice.

> Hope this helps.

> You might also want to look at pages 29-30 and

> > Greetings all,

> > Does ArcIMs support hyperlinking like the Arcview/IMS combo did
> formerly? If
> > so, where is it buried within ArcIMS?

> > --

> > Regards,

> > Dave Mitchell
> > CSC Corp.

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

hyper linking in ArcIMS

Post by gisdud » Sat, 06 Jan 2001 04:30:15

My best guess as to why the lightning bolt isn't a default is that most
data layers don't have linking information -- so having it as a default
would be more confusing to the general non-GIS user.

Maybe?

Good luck

> Thanks for the help. I download this guide as you suggest. Any idea
why they
> didn't make the lightning bolt hotlink feature a default like the
other
> tools? Seems silly unless there is some drawback to using it by
default that
> ESRI does not what the general public to know about.

> > Hi Dave -- There are a couple of ways to do this. You can make the
> > lightning bolt active and use it to click the symbol to go to a web
> > page, and/or you can make a URL (or multiple URLs) clickable in the
> > results window. I prefer the second option myself.

> > The techniques to do this are in the documentation. I have
downloaded
> > the Customizing ArcIMS HTML Viewer from ArcIMS Online -- then do a
> > search for "hyperlink" and you will find some notes. Check the
> > Documentatoin area under HTML Viewer.

> > -- look at page 20.

> > I've created services with multiple URL's in the table and made them
> > all clickable. A new window will open up with the site. Pretty nice.

> > Hope this helps.

> > You might also want to look at pages 29-30 and

> > > Greetings all,

> > > Does ArcIMs support hyperlinking like the Arcview/IMS combo did
> > formerly? If
> > > so, where is it buried within ArcIMS?

> > > --

> > > Regards,

> > > Dave Mitchell
> > > CSC Corp.

> > Sent via Deja.com
> > http://www.deja.com/

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

1. Hyper-link from Excel

In comp.apps.spreadsheets on Fri, 01 Mar 1996 00:49:31 -0500, Randy

Put a button on the spreadsheet (or the toolbar) and write the
following in a macro module:

Dim v as Variant

v = Shell(netscapeDir & "netscape.exe " & urlString)

The string variable netscapeDir can be a constant, that is

Const netScapeDir = "c:\mspring2\netscape\"

would be correct for my own computer. The string variable urlString
can be made dependent on the value of a cell, for instance

urlString = "http://internal.domain.name" &
CStr(ActiveSheet.Cells(1,1).Value)

assuming a document name is in cell A1. I hope you get the idea! There
is a VB KnowledgeBase article which covers "Waiting for a shelled
process to end" or something like that. Anyway, search for it at

http://198.105.232.5:80/kb/default.idc?Product=Visual+Basic&Database=...
-------
Dale Smith, Quantitative Analyst, ADAM Investment Services
Any opinions expressed here are mine & not my employer's

via auto-respond email, send a message to

2. Disappearing Taskbar

3. Dynamic created hyper links

4. Clp braindump site

5. Hyper links and Word to PDF

6. TheKid binary 1/15?

7. TeX viewer with hyper link, http and ftp capability?

8. CATIA to Solidworks conversion

9. Hyper link to object properties.

10. Shapes and Hyper Links

11. Link to Word 2000 and links to links in Word 2000 from Excel 2000

12. Cutting out the picture with ActiveX Connector on ArcIMS

13. HELP: ArcIMS on Sun Solaris 8