VB and ArcInfo

Post by Blake William » Sun, 07 Jan 2001 02:09:49

I'm trying to send commands to an Arc/Info Workstation window without any
luck.
This is What I'm using.
Option Explicit
Dim hdlArcInfo
Private Sub ArcInfo_Click()
'All of this Works
hdlArcInfo = Shell("D:\arcexe80\bin\arc.exe", vbNormalFocus)
AppActivate "D:\arcexe80\bin\arc.exe", False

'This does not
SendKeys "&lv {ENTER}", True
SendKeys "q {ENTER}", False
End Sub
-

If I shell off a Calculator and use SendKeys, it works just fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Blake Williams
Senior GIS Analyst
Colorado Springs Utilities

VB and ArcInfo

Post by Michael Morga » Sat, 13 Jan 2001 01:11:25

It looks like your code is opening an arc window, listing variables, and
then quitting (thus closing the arc window) before you get to see the
variables.

VB and ArcInfo

Post by Blake William » Sun, 14 Jan 2001 07:43:52

I realize that I'm listing variable and then quitting.  The point it that
the SendKeys does not work AT ALL and it doesn't matter what I'm putting in
the SendKeys Statement.

The shell works (ArcInfo Starts)
AppActivate Works (Arcinfo gets focus)
SendKeys executes with no errors, but nothing is Sent to the Arcinfo Window.

Any one else have any ideas.  Some has had to have some success with this in
the past.

Blake

Quote:> It looks like your code is opening an arc window, listing variables, and
> then quitting (thus closing the arc window) before you get to see the
> variables.

I'm trying to send commands to an Arc/Info Workstation window without any
luck.
This is What I'm using.
Option Explicit
Dim hdlArcInfo
Private Sub ArcInfo_Click()
'All of this Works
hdlArcInfo = Shell("D:\arcexe80\bin\arc.exe", vbNormalFocus)
AppActivate "D:\arcexe80\bin\arc.exe", False

'This does not
SendKeys "&lv {ENTER}", True
SendKeys "q {ENTER}", False
End Sub
-

If I shell off a Calculator and use SendKeys, it works just fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Blake Williams
Senior GIS Analyst
Colorado Springs Utilities

1. ARCINFO ODE with VB - Drawing box in Arcedit Control

I am working with ARCINFO ODE with VB.
Arcedit control and AP mode is being used for Drawing.
The Problem is I can't make a box draw in Pageunit(Cm).

In the general ARCINFO(no ODE), I could do that like next.

    Arcedit: arcplot
    AP: unit page
    AP: box 0.1 0.1 10 10
    AP: quit
    Arcedit:

While, In the ODE, I tried like next.

    aocontrol.aecommand("arcplot unit page")
    aocontrol.aecommand("arcplot box 0.1 0.1 10 10")

But, You Can't change the unit to pageunit, and It's impossible to draw a
box in page unit through arcedit control. You can draw a box only in map
unit. But I want do that in page unit.

Is anybody experienced the problem?
Your reply would be appreciated.

2. DNS proxy

3. Difference PC ArcInfo/ ArcInfo

4. Ascend97 software - any good?

5. Please Help - HP Scanjet 4c ands NT

6. 21.1 on IRIX 6.5

7. REQ :SR VB.NET/ VB 6.0 Front End Dev

8. FS blew up system

9. XL5-VB: How do I change sheets in a workbook in VB?

10. What is major diffrence in VB.net and VB 6

11. VB 6 or wait for VB .NET?

12. VB OCX vs VB ActiveX DLL

13. any API described to use Berkeley DB within VB/VB.NET like languages?