GIS on the www

Post by labt » Tue, 09 Jan 2001 12:42:38

What is the best way to build a simple GIS enabled software on the WWW.
Be simple I mean, one map coverarge that needs to be connected to query
one database. I did something like this using VB/MapObjects LT. How
about the same thing on the www.

thanks for your help

mfh

1. SAS/GIS vs ESRI/GIS

I'm interested in implementing a GIS system. We haven't purchased anything
as yet. I'm learning what I can about SAS/GIS through tutorials on the web
and about ESRI/GIS through a tutorial they provided. For those that don't
know, the founder of ESRI apparently developed the whole idea of GIS and
that company specializes in it. I went to a sales pitch for ESRI/GIS and the
person giving the intro was knowledgeable but didn't know much about
importing data from SAS (or other packages for that matter)/ platform
interfaces and other more "technical" stuff. I'm not only interested in the
physical representations, but in being able to manipulate the input
according to various statistical distribution assumptions.

BTW: V8/NT

1. Is SAS/GIS a good bang for the buck (man, they make you pay for a lot of
other things to be able to use GIS-----but, hey, that's SAS.)
2. Has anyone used both SAS/GIS and ESRI/GIS enough to give me plusses and
minuses?

Thanks,

Darryl

Darryl Bertolucci
District of Columbia Department of Health
HIV/AIDS Administration

2. Help needed for adding a HD to a 3/60

3. GIS grads and GIS Job Opportunities

4. FS! 1040 STE

5. GIS Book of the month - Getting to know ArcView GIS

6. Fix for NT crash with Samba client posted.

7. GIS Website Update: World Peace Achieved Via GIS

8. Tranfers between accounts