ArcView graphic to shape file

Post by g_ma.. » Fri, 15 Sep 2000 00:01:46

I am using ArcView 3.1 for Unix.   If I create
an ArcView graphic like a line is there a way to turn
this into a shape file?

Thanks

Gino Maize

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

ArcView graphic to shape file

Post by jimbarr » Fri, 15 Sep 2000 10:40:34

1)  Draw the graphic
2)  Copy or cut the graphic to the clipboard
3)  Use "View | New Theme..." to create a
new shapefile.  Name it, put it someplace,
and choose the appropriate shape type.
4)  While this new shapefile is empty and
in edit mode, Paste the graphic in from the
clipboard.
5)  Use "Theme | Stop Editing..."

You can now open that theme's attribute table
to add values.

> I am using ArcView 3.1 for Unix.   If I create
> an ArcView graphic like a line is there a way to turn
> this into a shape file?

> Thanks

> Gino Maize

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

ArcView graphic to shape file

Post by pna » Tue, 19 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Before you start - Go to - View properties - Map Units -  Meters (e.g.)

Select your graphic, go to Edit - Copy Graphics
Go to View  - New theme - Line (when you want to create a line theme).
Go to View - Paste (Ctr V).
Go to Theme - Stop Editing - Yes to Save Edits.
Go to - Edit - Select All Graphics (Graphics will be marked) - Delete.

Best Wishes, Poul

> I am using ArcView 3.1 for Unix.   If I create
> an ArcView graphic like a line is there a way to turn
> this into a shape file?

> Thanks

> Gino Maize

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

1. ArcView Avenue - SDE shape to graphic

Can anyone tell me how I could use the geometry (verticies) of a
selected polygon in an SDE theme to create a graphic polygon with the
same verticies? The XTool extension has a similar capability but it
only works with shapefiles, not SDE.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Want to Dial 0845 Number (in UK) From Canada

3. ArcView shape files

4. XCOPY32 switches /D versus /U ?

5. Arcview 3.1 shape file questions.

6. safe mode

7. DXF Text to ArcView SHAPE file

8. Laser on PC case??

9. Anyone knows how to export a shape arcview file with Autocad14

10. How to Hyperlink Shape to Shape Across Visio Files

11. converting Autocad Map 2000i topology / data to Arcview rel 3.2 shape format

12. ARCVIEW: How to access shapes data in a theme in DDE app?

13. ArcView: How to access shapes in theme from DDE application?