Convert Long and lat to Lamberts

Post by edi » Fri, 05 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I've been racking my brain for some way to convert Long and Lat to Lamberts
 X & Y coords

example
76.456345   36.345243
273255.3     42790.5

as far as I know there is no command in arcview to convert this. If anyone
knows otherwise or has a formula
I would be forever greatful.

Mike Cannon

Post by Mark Cederhol » Fri, 05 Jun 1998 04:00:00

>I've been racking my brain for some way to convert Long and Lat to Lamberts
> X & Y coords

>example
>76.456345   36.345243
>273255.3     42790.5

>as far as I know there is no command in arcview to convert this. If anyone
>knows otherwise or has a formula
>I would be forever greatful.

>Mike Cannon

In Avenue, if you make a point:

x = 76.456345
y = 36.345243

You can return the projection to a new point:

p2 = p1.ReturnProjected(thePrj)

Where thePrj is a defined projection:

theRect = Rect.MakeXY(-180,-90,180,90)
thePrj = Lambert.Make(theRect)
thePrj.SetCentralMeridian(75)
etc.

-- Mark

"We must cease confusing mastery of software commands with
attaining a grasp of critical intellectual concepts."
-- Duane F. Marble

1. MapObjects2 - Converting Lambert Easting & Northings to Geo Lat/Long

I am using Mapobjects 2.0 with VB 6.

I need to know if anyone has been able to convert Lambert
Easting & Northings to Geographic Latitude & Longitudes,
using MapObjects2's Tranform command or other way

If you have, can you email/post your code to me. This is
the only thing stopping me from completing a project I've
been working on since last July..

Thanks in advance...

JIM

2. Hotspot with e-mail

3. Converting - nad-27 long lat to nad83 long lat

4. CA Connectivity Issue

5. Lambert Conformal Easting/Northing to Geographic Lat/Long subroutines

6. free/share DOS TAR w/drvrs for SCSI DATs??

7. TRANSFORMing a Lambert Point to Lat/Long using MapObjects 2.0

8. Help! Converting Chars to Double??

9. trying to convert old fs coordinate system to long/lat

10. converting Lat/Long to UK Ordnance Survey National Grid Reference (NGR)

11. Converting UTM user grid to Normal Lat Long.

12. Convert Long And Lat

13. Lat Long convert to UTM