ArcIMS: ASP Template Troubles

Post by B. Masterso » Wed, 03 Jan 2001 21:08:12

Hello Listers,

I am having a problem with the ASP Template/ActiveX Connector that I hope
some of you can shed some light on, or at least share your experiences.

Basically, we have a site running which is based on the ASP Template which
works just fine in IE5, but for some reason the zoom tools will not work in
IE4 (unfortunately a requirement from our client).  If I change the zoom
tool function parameters to do a stepped ZoomIn when the tool is clicked,
ie, without the user interacting with the map, it will work somewhat, but I
would prefer to zoom in on a clicked location.  From this, I assume that IE4
is falling down on either the switchtool function or on the MapFrame
interaction side but would like clarification if possible.

Any ideas/suggestions would be much appreciated.

By the way, this will not work at all in any flavour of Netscape, so any
knowledge/hints/tips about that would be useful.

Many thanks,

Barry