Projection in Mapobjects and Delphi

Post by Jason Web » Fri, 05 Jan 2001 07:53:32

Hi,

Does anyone seen any sample code for Delphi to be able to change the
projection of Mapobjects display. I need to change at run time between
mercator and a spherical projection.

thanks
Jason Webb

Projection in Mapobjects and Delphi

Post by Heinz-Josef Lückin » Fri, 05 Jan 2001 07:33:37

I think you should ask ESRI.
if they don'n t know ...
you will have to invent the it again

have a look on activemap at www.sigmap.com

> Hi,

> Does anyone seen any sample code for Delphi to be able to change the
> projection of Mapobjects display. I need to change at run time between
> mercator and a spherical projection.

> thanks
> Jason Webb

1. MapObject 2, Images and Projections

Hi,

We are developing an application using MapObject V2, with various Map
and Image layers.

The problem we have is MapObject ImageLayers do not appear to support
projections, so when you change the projected coordinate system the Map
Layers all change, but the images (e.g. GeoTIFF) all then move to there
specified location using the new coordinate system.

e.g.

A shapefile contains Lat. and Long (WGS84) -35.0, 150.0
A imagefile contains Lat. and Long (WGS84) -35.0, 150.0

When displayed without projection they match up fine.

Now applying a projection (e.g. UTM)

The shapefile is located at ~ -4,000,000, 16,000,000 (which is correct
for new projection
The imagefile is located at -35.0, 150.0

Which means they do not match up !!

Our current work-around for this problem is to create a world file
(*.tfw) for each image for each projection we want to use, to correctly
position the image for that projection.

Has anyone else had this problem ? and/or have a better solution ?

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Russell Norman

2. Label chapter numbers

3. Q:Re-Projection in ArcView/MapObject

4. Processor or Ram

5. Mapobjects opening an AEP project file in Delphi

6. FS:Amiga-2000 system loaded up

7. MapObject Delphi opening a AEP peoject file

8. Atari800 TrueType font

9. How to connect MapObjects with MO2Legend in Delphi???

10. mapobjects legend and Delphi

11. mapObjects ims tutorials for Delphi.

12. MapObject and Delphi

13. Mapobjects IMS and Delphi