When ArcView version

Post by Phil E. Lamp » Wed, 08 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Does anyone know what the new version of ArcView will be and when will
it be released?  Is it worth waiting for instead of just getting 3.2
now?  How much will it cost to upgrade from 3.2 to the new version?

And does anyone know of a good source of data for Oil Fields (current
and past) in the state of Calif. and/or the rest of the U.S.?

Thanks in advance for your help/participation.

--
Phil E. Lampe
Technical Illustrator

When ArcView version

Post by RSanto » Thu, 09 Nov 2000 04:00:00

I have heard that the next version of AV will be 8 to bring the numbering
sequence in line with Arc/INFO--but I don't know if that's the official word
from ESRI or not.

 As for the oil fields data, 4 yrs ago, USGS put out a CD called:
'Digital map Data, Text, and Graphical Images in Support of the 1995
National Assessment of United States Oil and Gas Resources.'  (USGS Digital
Data Series DDS-35)
I don't know what exactly it contains, but it might be worth a look.  Try a
search at www.usgs.gov

Best of luck
Ron Santos
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Baltimore District

Quote:> Does anyone know what the new version of ArcView will be and when will