creating a script from a view which ceates the original view

creating a script from a view which ceates the original view

Post by Christian Strob » Thu, 17 Aug 2000 04:00:00

hello arcviewies,

i have a lot of views in a lot of projects. now my problem: i have to
write scripts for each of these views which exactly create these
original views. and now i am looking for a script undertaking this task
for me

i have a view
i want to generate this view with a script
i am looking for a script creating another script based on a existing
view which creates exactly this view

i hope you understand

greetings from munich and certainly i will sum

christian

Christian Strobl
diplom-geologe
bayerisches geologisches landesamt
he?stra?e 128
d-80797 mnchen
telefon: (089) 9214-2774

creating a script from a view which ceates the original view

Post by Heinz-Josef Lückin » Fri, 18 Aug 2000 04:00:00

take a look on the XTools (or demo-Tools?) at Esri
there's a script behind a button which creates a clone of an existing view
(as far as i remember). Try also to find system scrips containing "clone"
if you found one you have to replace the "for each" clone-objekts whith the
names in your view(s)

> hello arcviewies,

> i have a lot of views in a lot of projects. now my problem: i have to
> write scripts for each of these views which exactly create these
> original views. and now i am looking for a script undertaking this task
> for me

> i have a view
> i want to generate this view with a script
> i am looking for a script creating another script based on a existing
> view which creates exactly this view

> i hope you understand

> greetings from munich and certainly i will sum

> christian

> Christian Strobl
> diplom-geologe
> bayerisches geologisches landesamt
> he?stra?e 128
> d-80797 mnchen
> telefon: (089) 9214-2774

1. Using Views to Create Views with outer joins

Does anyone know if it's possible to create a view from two
other
views using an outer join? So far, it doesn't seem to work. The

result set is the same as an inner join.
I was going crazy trying to figure out what was happening in
my datawindows.
To make things simpler to understand, I created 2 simple tables
with 3 columns each. I created a view from these tables, with
an
outer join and the result set was as expected.
I then created 2 views, one from each of my original 2 tables
that contained all columns from the original tables.
In other words, each view was identical to the table
it was derived from.
When I then created a view from these views with an OJ, the
result set was not correct.
Is this technically not possible, due to the way views work, or
have I discovered yet another bug? Using Watcom 4.0

TIA

--bob

2. New Prop Panels

3. Oracle PL/SQL Script for creating default SAS views

4. Problems using root DC as Bridgehead

5. Need GoTo View without closing original

6. Using Group Policy to block executables

7. XL5: Using View Manager--views from other sheets don't appear

8. Help: DFT,FFT Sampling Rates

9. Can "View manager" make views for print labels?

10. help - - jpeg viewing problem - - is there a win98 system component that decompresses jpegs for viewing

11. Cockpit view vs Virtual CPit view

12. PDF viewing - unable to view whole document in Acrobat

13. SAS V8 ACCESS/VIEWs - Datastep vs SQL Views