Trimble with a Pocket PC

Post by David Dresche » Sun, 10 Dec 2000 15:12:44

Anyone out there have success with a Trimble GPS unit hooked up to a
Pocket PC/Palm unit?  I'm looking to load Filemaker Mobile also.
Thanks.
Dave

Trimble with a Pocket PC

Post by Ethan Rogat » Mon, 11 Dec 2000 15:52:38

Quote:> Anyone out there have success with a Trimble GPS unit hooked up to a
> Pocket PC/Palm unit?  I'm looking to load Filemaker Mobile also.

At their GIS Day Open House, ESRI Boston demonstrated a Compaq Windows CE
device hooked up to a Garmin receiver and used it with ArcPad. It looked
stable to me.
--
Ethan David Rogati
Homer, NY

www.rogati.com

Trimble with a Pocket PC

Post by Torcuill Torranc » Tue, 12 Dec 2000 21:01:23

We have been using our Trimble kit with PocketGIS since 1997 - albeit not on
a PocketPC.

GPS DGPS RTK float/kinematic all works equally as well - just with differing
accuracies. The latest version of PocketGIS is for PocketPC - we have tested
it with the Casio E115 and iPaq with equal success. Although for proper
survey work you really ought to be using a field computer like a Itronix
Husky fex21 or similar.

More info from www.posres.com

Best regards

Torcuill Torrance - Sales Engineer
Positioning Resources Ltd
64 Commerce Street
Aberdeen AB11 5FP
T: +44 (0) 1224 581 502  F: +44 (0) 1224 574 354

Data capture into GIS - Laser Rangefinders - GPS

> > Anyone out there have success with a Trimble GPS unit hooked up to a
> > Pocket PC/Palm unit?  I'm looking to load Filemaker Mobile also.

> At their GIS Day Open House, ESRI Boston demonstrated a Compaq Windows CE
> device hooked up to a Garmin receiver and used it with ArcPad. It looked
> stable to me.
> --
> Ethan David Rogati
> Homer, NY
> USA

> www.rogati.com

Trimble with a Pocket PC

Post by marry_po.. » Thu, 14 Dec 2000 08:59:13

Check www.teletype.com.
They have nice vector maps for Pocket PC with GPS.

MP

> > Anyone out there have success with a Trimble GPS unit hooked up to a
> > Pocket PC/Palm unit?  I'm looking to load Filemaker Mobile also.

> At their GIS Day Open House, ESRI Boston demonstrated a Compaq
Windows CE
> device hooked up to a Garmin receiver and used it with ArcPad. It
looked
> stable to me.
> --
> Ethan David Rogati
> Homer, NY
> USA

> www.rogati.com

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

1. FA: Ipaq 3670 Pocket PC & PC Card New in box!

Use buy it now on both & get free shipping anywhere in the US Next Day!
http://page.auctions.yahoo.com/auction/54778393?aucview=search

http://page.auctions.yahoo.com/auction/54778313?aucview=search

But hurry, they end in less than a day!

2. GNU Emacs Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), part 1/5

3. Pocket PC choices?

4. Winproxy

5. Pocket PC to controll robot

6. Is the a possible way to reset a apple macintosh?

7. Xbox Mobile News for Pocket Pc's

8. Windows 2000 - expand existing volume

9. Pocket PC *** MSN Messenger ***

10. Pocket PC- Windows CE

11. PDF viewer for Windows CE(Not Pocket PC)

12. Pocket PC Test Tools