2 questions: 1. Importing USGS DEM, 2. Converting .tfw file from LatLon to UTM

2 questions: 1. Importing USGS DEM, 2. Converting .tfw file from LatLon to UTM

Post by Rob Erskin » Sat, 23 Dec 2000 02:27:31

I have two questions.

The first is regarding the importing of USGS DEM files.  I have been using a
program that converts SDTS format to a .DEM file that can sometimes be
imported into ArcView.  A problem arises when the USGS quad name for the DEM
has a space in it.  When it does, ArcView does not import the .DEM to an
ArcView grid.  Instead I get an error:

"GRD ERROR - Syntax error at or near symboll ))"

Has anyone else that has encountered this problem found a solution (or are
you aware if ESRI has a fix for this bug)?

My second question regards georeferenced .TIF files.  I would like to
project these images from Lat Lon to UTM.  I believe this could be done
editing the .TFW file.  Is anyone aware of a script that will do this?

Thanks,
Rob Erskine

1. UTM to LatLon conversion in libraries?

I'm looking for a UTM to Lat-Lon conversion function.

I need it to convert a Digital Elevation Model given in UTM coordinates
to Geographic coordinates, so that it can be related with satellite
positions.

Anybody heard of an IDL function implemented somewhere that can help?

best regards,
                /NaN do
--
Nando Iavarone
Gruppo Telerilevamento

2. MIDI Interface - BUILD IT YOURSELF

3. Answering my own question (USGS DEM)

4. Help--> Table driven calculations

5. IDL Procedure to read/write USGS DEMs

6. Graphic user interface for fuzzy systems in ANSI C code

7. Reading USGS DEMs

8. Outlook Express problem - help!

9. XYZ to Usgs Dem

10. IDL routine to load USGS digital elevation datat sets .dem extensions

11. USGS DEM Conversion?