TRANSFORMing a Lambert Point to Lat/Long using MapObjects 2.0

TRANSFORMing a Lambert Point to Lat/Long using MapObjects 2.0

Post by JAC » Tue, 22 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Has anyone successfully used MO 2 to TRANSFORM a Lambert
(Easting/Northing)point to a Geographic (Lat/Long)? The
attached code is how I am currently trying to achieve this.

If you are converting Lambert to Geographic coordinates
using other software and can be used with Visual Basic 6.0,
can you let me know where I can download or buy the
software?

Email or post will be a great help...

JIM
----------------------------------- Code begins here
---------------------------------------
Option Explicit

'Coordinate Projections
Dim LLcs As New MapObjects2.GeoCoordSys        'Lat/Long
Dim LAMcs As New MapObjects2.ProjCoordSys       'Lambert
Conformal

Private Sub DefineProjections()         'This called from
Form_load

'Dim GeoLayer As New MapObjects2.MapLayer
'Set GeoLayer = Map1.Layers(0)

Debug.Print "LLcs: " & LLcs.ReturnDescription

'define Geographic projection
LLcs.Datum.Spheroid.Type = moSpheroid_Clarke1866
LLcs.Unit.Type = moUnit_Meter

Debug.Print "LLcs: " & LLcs.ReturnDescription

Debug.Print "LAMcs: " & LAMcs.ReturnDescription

'Define lambert projection
LAMcs.GeoCoordSys = LLcs
LAMcs.Projection.Type = moProjection_LambertConformalConic

LAMcs.SetParameter moParm_CentralMeridian, -85#
LAMcs.SetParameter moParm_OriginLatitude, 0
LAMcs.SetParameter moParm_StandardParallel1, 44.5
LAMcs.SetParameter moParm_StandardParallel2, 53.5
LAMcs.SetParameter moParm_FalseEasting, 930000
LAMcs.SetParameter moParm_FalseNorthing, 6430000
LAMcs.Unit.Type = moUnit_Meter

'Set GeoLayer.CoordinateSystem = LAMcs

Debug.Print "LAMcs: " & LAMcs.ReturnDescription
Debug.Print LAMcs.Projection.Name

End Sub

Private Sub Add_LTG()           'This called from
AfterLayerDraw

    Dim LLpt As New MapObjects2.Point
    Dim LamPt As New MapObjects2.Point

    Dim fntx As New StdFont     'Label font
    Dim LtgSign As String
    Dim textsym As New MapObjects2.TextSymbol

    fntx.Name = "Arial"
    fntx.Size = 9
    Set textsym.Font = fntx
    With textsym
     .Height = 0 'use font size (4 points in this case)
     .VerticalAlignment = moAlignBaseline
     .Color = moBlack
    End With

        LtgSign = "x"

    for Each record in LtgDBF           'This Pseudo-Code

        LamPt.X = Abs(rstDFS_Ltg.Fields.Item
("lamberteas").Value)
        LamPt.Y = Abs(rstDFS_Ltg.Fields.Item
("lambertnor").Value)

        Set LLpt = LLcs.Transform(LAMcs, LamPt)     'Create
Lat/Long point

        Map1.DrawText LtgSign, LLpt, textsym

    Get next record in ltgdbf           'This Pseudo-Code

end sub

---------------------------------------- Code ends here
-------------------------------------

1. Lambert Conformal Easting/Northing to Geographic Lat/Long subroutines

Does anyone have or know where I can get subroutines that
convert Lambert Conformal Easting/Northings to Geographic
Lat/Long and can be used in a Visual Basic project?

MapOjects 2.0 is supposed to be able to do this but
apparently it can't.

Can you please E-mail me your info as my newsreader doesn't
seem to display all the responses to postings.

Thanks in advance...

JIM

2. app question

3. MapObjects2 - Converting Lambert Easting & Northings to Geo Lat/Long

4. Converting from CORBA enum to C++ enum in Orbix 3.0 (Windows NT)

5. Convert Long and lat to Lamberts

6. SQL Developer ---Carrollton, TX---Long Term Project---Rate: $ 36 on C2C

7. Converting - nad-27 long lat to nad83 long lat

8. Best Language for Hardware Control?

9. ArcView 3.1 Import Lat/Long point

10. using long/lat to calc. distances

11. Lat/Lon from Map Points?