"Number of shapes does not match number of table records" error box

"Number of shapes does not match number of table records" error box

Post by Mike Ele » Tue, 06 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Howdy,

does anyone know how to fix this problem?
i was labeling a shape file when arcview crashed
since then i haven't been able to reopen the project
or the shape file
i get the error message "Number of shapes does not match
number of table records" when i try to add the shapefile
into a new project
if i go to arc and shapearc the shape file all of the polygon
labels get scrambled.... arghhhh !

any help would be GREATLY appreciated...
Mike

1. Number of shapes does not match number of table records

Hello
when trying to add a certain theme to my view (ArcView 3.1) I get this
message:
"Number of shapes does not match number of records in table". I tried
deleting the .DBF file, but then I can't even "see" the shapefile in the
dialog box. Can anyone help me get over this problem?
Regards,
Ruedi

 Ruedi St?hli
 ?konsult
 Thunstrasse 99
 CH-3006 Bern

 Tel: 031 351 19 55
 Fax: 031 357 35 20

 Web: www.oekonsult.com

2. suppress list in reply cc

3. ERROR: UNIQUE constraint matching given keys for referenced table "sequences" not found

4. WIN 2000 PRO + AutoCAD 2000i

5. Changing "number text" to numbers...

6. Pocket PC 2002 Emulation - Problems

7. Banner FP2K in NN6.01 not displayed properly

8. How do I determine "Low" and "High" Numbers

9. Detecting "Odd" and "Even" Numbers in cells (Excel '97)

10. "Display of specified number of records."

11. "Unsupported key table format version number"

12. "Not a Number" in float computations