Finding available drives (using Microsoft C)

Finding available drives (using Microsoft C)

Post by Steve Wats » Fri, 07 Sep 1990 23:48:59

Further to the discussion on finding drives: I would like to know
how to determine whether a floppy drive has a diskette in it without
provoking the "Abort/Retry/Fail" message, which kind of messes up the screen
of the application.  MS-Windows seems able to do this: if you click on an
empty drive, you get a dialog box informing you of the situation.
So does PC-Tools.  I have read that the 'A/R/F' msg comes from BIOS.

Is there perhaps some vector that can be hooked to intercept the floppy
error and do something more graceful with it?

BTW, does anyone know why A/R/F doesn't always respond to
'a' or 'f' the first time?
================================DISCLAIMER=================================
Mitel pays me for my programs, not for my net postings.  There4, they own
the programs, including any errors found therein.  The postings, including
any errors, are mine alone.  - Steve Watson

1. How to find available drives

Hello,

I would like to know how to determine which drives are available,
including network drives.

The getdisk() and setdisk() method doesn't seem to work in a network
environment.

Thank you for your help,
  Jeepy
Jeepy (Jean-Pierre Delprat)

www.teaser.fr/~jpdelprat (JPTUI home page)

2. camera model

3. Finding all available drive and types

4. Ever heard of an ETOS terminal?

5. Finding device driven logical drives

6. Today in the RadCom -- Thu 17 Jun 1999

7. STEPUP6.2 ***AVAILABLE*** FTP.MICROSOFT

8. Syquest 270 Cartridges (Syquest Brand)

9. Microsoft Visual C++ 1.0 available now

10. Far heap available (Microsoft C 7.0)

11. is a 'find in files' function available in RHIDE?

12. Where can I find Microsoft Diagnostic?

13. find out available memory