Oo'ello! I have an ArachneGPL 1.95, 1.90JG, and 1.95/NoFPU problem.

Oo'ello! I have an ArachneGPL 1.95, 1.90JG, and 1.95/NoFPU problem.

Post by JJ » Fri, 29 Jul 2011 10:19:43

My issue is:

C>arachne

< > TITLE file://home.htm v ^ X

My custom Ar. Desktop

when I click (IKN) on my customised desktop, or go online
            Google
with a http address, Arachne causes the system to freeze. Right now Lynx
has a pagefault issue.

Could this be to do with 3c90xpd which I need for my Dell lappy, not the
one I'm posting from?

Should I use NDIS?

C-A-Del

BIOSPOST

GRUB Menu > FreeDOS

1 > C>arachne

etc...

Should I go "illegal" in FreeDOS by using M$'s PROTMAN, a DIS_PKT.DOS
and el90x just to get usable I-net?

Post by Richard Bonn » Fri, 29 Jul 2011 19:47:40

> My issue is:
> C>arachne
> < > TITLE file://home.htm v ^ X

***   What is the `v ^ X' ?

   I have never seen that in the Arachne Title field.

Quote:> My custom Ar. Desktop
> when I click (IKN) on my customised desktop, or go online
>        Google
> with a http address, Arachne causes the system to freeze. Right now Lynx
> has a pagefault issue.
> Could this be to do with 3c90xpd which I need for my Dell lappy, not the
> one I'm posting from?
> Should I use NDIS?
> C-A-Del
> BIOSPOST
> GRUB Menu > FreeDOS
> 1 > C>arachne
> etc...
> Should I go "illegal" in FreeDOS by using M$'s PROTMAN, a DIS_PKT.DOS
> and el90x just to get usable I-net?

***   I don't understand much of what you ask. However, you might try Ray
Andrews' branch of Arachne. I have had good success with it. He does not
currently have a website for his version, but if you e-mail me I can put
you in touch with him so you can get a download link or an e-mail
attachment.

--
         Richard Bonner
http://www.chebucto.ca/~ak621/DOS/

Post by Zaphod Beeblebro » Fri, 29 Jul 2011 21:10:05

>> My issue is:

<snip>

> ***   I don't understand much of what you ask.

And I thought it was just me!

--
Zaphod

Vell, Zaphod's just zis guy, ya know? -*Halfrunt

Post by JJ » Sat, 30 Jul 2011 02:36:33

>> My issue is:

>> C>arachne

customised my dos prompt
Quote:

>> <  >  TITLE file://home.htm v ^ X

> ***   What is the `v ^ X' ?

>     I have never seen that in the Arachne Title field.

  *** It's just a placeholder.

Quote:

>> My custom Ar. Desktop

>> when I click (IKN) on my customised desktop, or go online
>>            Google
>> with a http address, Arachne causes the system to freeze. Right now Lynx
>> has a pagefault issue.

>> Could this be to do with 3c90xpd which I need for my Dell lappy, not the
>> one I'm posting from?

>> Should I use NDIS?

>> C-A-Del

>> BIOSPOST

>> GRUB Menu>  FreeDOS

>> 1>  C>arachne

>> etc...

>> Should I go "illegal" in FreeDOS by using M$'s PROTMAN, a DIS_PKT.DOS
>> and el90x just to get usable I-net?

Fixed it for now. Need to load 3c90xpd high for it to work.
Quote:

> ***   I don't understand much of what you ask. However, you might try Ray
> Andrews' branch of Arachne. I have had good success with it. He does not
> currently have a website for his version, but if you e-mail me I can put
> you in touch with him so you can get a download link or an e-mail
> attachment.

His branch is on glennmcc's web coz it was so good. It's still not the
main branch.

1. help with DOS/4GW v.1.95

PLEASE HELP.

I just moved a program that uses DOS/4GW version 1.95 into Win95.
When it runs it generates Error 2001, and list the stack dump on screen.
Does anyone know the memory settings for Win95 PIF so that this program
would work.
BTW: the program didn't work in raw WIN95 DOS either.  The config.sys memory
settings were the same as on the  old DOS computer.
The program worked fine in MS-DOS 6.22 and Win 3.11 from PIF.

2. New Features at Synthsite

3. Having problems with gcc '-msoft-float' using DJGPP

4. Q: System disk for Luxor ABC

5. If you're having problems with -lstdcx, Read Me Third!

6. The Underlying Connection was closed:An unexpected error occurred on a receive

7. I'm having some problems when using the special parameters for main()

8. I'm still having problems ...

9. I'm having a problem with my memory.

10. Turbovision & multitasking - I'll have what she's having!

11. Having problems running gxx under dr-dos (lfn support problem)

12. I'm having a bit of trouble with DJGPP