Documentation?

Post by Daniel Zema » Tue, 02 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Hi,
I'm searching for answers to some questions I have not found neither
in the djgpp info files, nor in the FAQ list. I'd like to see a list
of differences between GNU C++ and the standard. I know, some are
described in the info file GCC/Invoking GCC/G++ dialect (or so).
But, e.g. I don't know which additional data types are available etc.
Particularly, I define in my program a type named "bool" and it seems
to me that this is already defined in G++. As I typed

typedef unsigned char int8;
typedef int8 bool;

I received a warning I don't understand:
"abstract declarator used for declaration"

So, where can I find a list of new types and features. And is there
a list of error/warning messages with more detailed description?

Thanks, Dan

* Daniel Zeman, student, MFF UK, Praha                               *

* http://www.ms.mff.cuni.cz/acad/webik/~dzem0338/                    *
* telefon: (+42)(2) 7399307                                          *
*        "Clovek bez znalosti matematiky je jako ryba bez bicyklu."  *

Documentation?

Post by Eli Zaretski » Thu, 04 Jul 1996 04:00:00

> of differences between GNU C++ and the standard. I know, some are
> described in the info file GCC/Invoking GCC/G++ dialect (or so).
> But, e.g. I don't know which additional data types are available etc.

Everything that's an extension to the latest C++ draft standard should be
in the "C++ Extensions" chapter of the GCC docs.  What's not there is
either not in GCC or is a documentation bug.  Anyway, this question
should be really asked on the appropriate GNU news group, or on C++ news
group, as it is not specific to the DJGPP port.

Quote:> And is there a list of error/warning messages with more detailed
> description?

AFAIK, there is no such list.  Richard Stallman posted a call for
volunteers about a year ago to compile such a list.  I don't know if it
was compiled.

1. BAT file documentation

comp.os.msdos.4dos:

Try newsgroup alt.msdos.batch.

No need to apologize: I think we can all understand your question.

That's a very bad way to start asking for help.

--
Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
http://www.mindspring.com/~brahms/

"It's my opinion, and it's very true."

2. STL:replace with character classes

3. Pedantic point about SWITCH documentation

4. If you 'delete' something, does it always remove the PDB files too?

5. Documentation on the console window for TCMD/32

6. Sound - Its so slow

7. bugs in documentation

8. Tcpip/ip 2.0 for OS/2 2.1

9. Documentation bug in info on 'ar'

10. Where to get FPU documentation?

11. Documentation on Non-ANSI features, and Allegro problem!

12. gnu, gpl documentation translations

13. Where can I download ms windows API documentation?