Announce: PythonD 2.2.1 Release 2.0 development platform for DOS

Announce: PythonD 2.2.1 Release 2.0 development platform for DOS

Post by bdec » Sat, 26 Jul 2003 19:33:34

Python is an interpreted, interactive, object-oriented programming language.
PythonD is a 32-bit, multi-threaded, networking- and OpenGL-enabled
Python interpreter for DOS and Windows.

*******
ANNOUNCEMENT:
PythonD 2.2.1 Release 2.0 is now available for public download at:
http://members.lycos.co.uk

Many additional modules are also available for download including:

Reportlab 1.15 PDF library
PyHL HDF5 file format library
Gnome LibXML2 and LibXSLT modules (based on LibXML2 2.5.8)
PyXML 0.82
PyNumeric 23.0

Previous versions of these PythonD modules are no longer usable,
as the DXE file format has changed.

*******
ENHANCEMENTS and FIXES over last (1.13) Release:

PythonD now passes more that 145 tests (155 in verbose mode)

Threading. PythonD attempts the first multi-threaded posix scripting
engine for DOS. Thanks to R. Dawe for his pth threads patch.

Added PyOpenGL using Mesa 5. Some demos provided.

Added Python Imaging Library

Added dbmmodule

Upgraded socketmodule with new Wattcp-32 2.2.4 release.

New DXE format & Many additional C and Assembly tokens added to export list.

re-compiled with newest DJGPP 2.0.4 alpha libraries.

DJGPP's 'FNCASE' variable is automaticaly set to 'y' during PythonD
sessions.
This may be turned off by commenting out the appropriate lines from site.py.
This is currently only activated during NT sessions.

'commands' module hacked for DOS/DJGPP. Requires 'bash.exe'.

copy_absolute() in getpath.c has been fixed for DOS-DJGPP...
consequently, 'sys.executable' now returns the correct value.

*limited* library support for 8.3 OSes (pure DOS without LFN driver).

PythonD standard library found in:
os.path.join(prefix, "lib", "python" + sys.version[:1])
the standard declaration uses 'sys.version[:3]'
This is for dos 8.3 compatibility (one library for both LFN and non-LFN!).

posixpath.abspath() fixed for DOS/DJGPP.

site.py loads error-free on non-djgpp systems.

Networking exceptions have been added to the list kept in the errno module.

Socketmodule now initializes upon module import. Requires packet driver.

Somewhat better selectmodule build. Added select.poll() (from Wattcp).
Note that select.poll() is largely untested.

Other small fixes

I want to thank those whose work greatly helped to make this release
possible, including:

Daniel Borca
Richard Dawe
Charles Sandmann

Regards,
Ben Decker

Announce: PythonD 2.2.1 Release 2.0 development platform for DOS

Post by bdec » Sat, 26 Jul 2003 23:54:56

The correct link is:
http://members.lycos.co.uk/bdeck/pythond.htm

Sorry

Quote:> *******
> ANNOUNCEMENT:
> PythonD 2.2.1 Release 2.0 is now available for public download at:
> http://members.lycos.co.uk

> Many additional modules are also available for download including:

> Reportlab 1.15 PDF library
> PyHL HDF5 file format library
> Gnome LibXML2 and LibXSLT modules (based on LibXML2 2.5.8)
> PyXML 0.82
> PyNumeric 23.0

> Previous versions of these PythonD modules are no longer usable,
> as the DXE file format has changed.

Quote:> *******
> ENHANCEMENTS and FIXES over last (1.13) Release:

> PythonD now passes more that 145 tests (155 in verbose mode)

> Threading. PythonD attempts the first multi-threaded posix scripting
> engine for DOS. Thanks to R. Dawe for his pth threads patch.

> Added PyOpenGL using Mesa 5. Some demos provided.

> Added Python Imaging Library

> Added dbmmodule

> Upgraded socketmodule with new Wattcp-32 2.2.4 release.

> New DXE format & Many additional C and Assembly tokens added to export
list.

> re-compiled with newest DJGPP 2.0.4 alpha libraries.

> DJGPP's 'FNCASE' variable is automaticaly set to 'y' during PythonD
> sessions.
> This may be turned off by commenting out the appropriate lines from
site.py.
> This is currently only activated during NT sessions.

> 'commands' module hacked for DOS/DJGPP. Requires 'bash.exe'.

> copy_absolute() in getpath.c has been fixed for DOS-DJGPP...
> consequently, 'sys.executable' now returns the correct value.

> *limited* library support for 8.3 OSes (pure DOS without LFN driver).

> PythonD standard library found in:
> os.path.join(prefix, "lib", "python" + sys.version[:1])
> the standard declaration uses 'sys.version[:3]'
> This is for dos 8.3 compatibility (one library for both LFN and non-LFN!).

> posixpath.abspath() fixed for DOS/DJGPP.

> site.py loads error-free on non-djgpp systems.

> Networking exceptions have been added to the list kept in the errno
module.

> Socketmodule now initializes upon module import. Requires packet driver.

> Somewhat better selectmodule build. Added select.poll() (from Wattcp).
> Note that select.poll() is largely untested.

> Other small fixes

> I want to thank those whose work greatly helped to make this release
> possible, including:

> Daniel Borca
> Richard Dawe
> Charles Sandmann

> Regards,
> Ben Decker

1. ANNOUNCE: PythonD 2.2.1 Release 1.1

Greetings.

PythonD 1.1 based on Python sources 2.2.1 has been uploaded to:
http://members.lycos.co.uk/bdeck
This is a bug-fix and minor-enhancement level release. Downloading is not
neccessary but encouraged.

PythonD is the DJGPP-based MSDOS port of Python.

Fixes/enhancements include:

Numberous token exports added for dynamically-linked modules.

xslt module removed from pyxml; doesn't work under PythonD anyway
(threading)
(is also incompatible with Ft 12)

libxml.py, libxsl.py, and libxml2.py removed from standard python library
(they were accidentally left there from a previous pre-beta test).

Python Include files now properly located in the "python2.2" subfolder.

path configuration files (".pth") in $DJDIR/site-python are supported.

Like %PYTHONPATH%, %PYTHONHOME% is also supported. It must point to the top
of your binary tree(if "python2.2" library is found under C:\python\lib,
set PYTHONHOME=c:/python).

A rudimentary 'os.startfile' (normally on Win32) has been implemented.
Only usable when PythonD is used during a running Windows95 (and newer)
session. Requires presence of "rundll32.exe" in the Windows %PATH%.

The "webbrowser" module has been modified for PythonD.
A number of browsers are supported by default. May also use %BROWSER%.

New experimental SSL support in Socketmodule.

READLINE MODIFICATIONS (can be disabled by commenting out appropriate
lines from site.py):

A default "readline history file" has been implemented in
$DJDIR/etc/_pythist.txt
See site.py if you wish to change this setting.

The default "command completion key" has been assigned to 'TAB'.

There is also a pre-alpha port of "tkinter" included (the TK-Wish module),
using a partially complete xlibemu port to GRX2. Don't get excited yet, it
is still pretty broken, but is a glimse of possible things to come with the
second major drop of PythonD 2.2.1.

Ben

2. Hibernate mode.....computer wakes up on its own!

3. ANNOUNCE: zippo 0.1.1 development release

4. FS : Epson Ap-80 printer.

5. ANNOUNCE Phoenix 2.0 Full release (fixed link)

6. Difference between Windows 98 and Second Edition

7. **ANNOUNCE** Phoenix 2.0 Full release

8. data types n functions list

9. Alpha release of TV 2.0 to DJGPP 2.0

10. ANNOUNCE: DOS/32 Advanced DOS Extender version 6.00, release 6

11. Cross platform game development query

12. XVT cross-platform development tool information?

13. Cross-platform game development