INDEX of vol??n??.zip PCMAG files available??

INDEX of vol??n??.zip PCMAG files available??

Post by Tim Recz » Sun, 15 Aug 1993 05:18:14

        The subject says it... there are all these PCMAG utility files
on different sites and no INDEX file for what they contain.  Even the
individual files don't give much of a clue unless you ftp them first
(not likely given how many there are).  I'm sure there are tons of great
utils there, but unless one goes through every old issue of PCMAG
(which I have subscribed to only for the last 1 and 1/2 years) there's
no way to find out what's there.

        So how about it?  I hear that there is a master INDEX available on
CompuServe.  I'm just a poor college student who can't afford the
monthly cost, so could someone upload it to Simtel (if its still
around :-(  or Oakland, or CICA or whereever.

        I don't remember exactly where its located on CompuServe,
but as I recall, the info is in just about any copy of PCMAG, usually
right after the monthly utility.

Thanks much!

Tim

Post by Timo Sal » Sun, 15 Aug 1993 13:33:28

>    The subject says it... there are all these PCMAG utility files
>on different sites and no INDEX file for what they contain.  Even the

 30481 Jun 20 22:13 garbo.uwasa.fi:/pc/pcmag/0pcmag.zip
 0pcmag.zip .zip files contents in /pc/pcmag directory

"If you do not know how to go about getting this material, users are
welcome to email me for the prerecorded garbo.uwasa.fi instructions
(long, circa 29Kb).  North American users are referred to the Garbo
mirror on wuarchive.wustl.edu.  Australian users are referred to the
archie.au mirror.  For the Asian users there is the NCTUCCCA.edu.tw
mirror.  The mirrors may lag occasionally, or might not have all the
files.  If you do not receive my reply within five days, please ask
your own site's system manager to construct a returnable mail path
for you".

   All the best, Timo

Prof. Timo Salmi      Co-moderator of comp.archives.msdos.announce
Moderating  at  garbo.uwasa.fi anonymous FTP archives 128.214.87.1
Faculty of Accounting & Industrial Management; University of Vaasa