Can't move mouse

Post by Adam Vard » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 03:36:57

When I insert a Windows startup disk, DOS starts up. If you run a program
here though, the mouse does not respond. How can I fix that?

Can't move mouse

Post by Ted Davi » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 10:00:55

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 18:36:57 +0000 (UTC), Adam Vardy

>When I insert a Windows startup disk, DOS starts up. If you run a program
>here though, the mouse does not respond. How can I fix that?

Same way you would in any DOS booted PC: you install a suitable DOS
mouse driver, either MOUSE.SYS in CONFIG.SYS or MOUSE.COM in
AUTOEXEC.BAT.

Can't move mouse

Post by Robert Riebisc » Sun, 13 Jul 2003 00:04:38

> Same way you would in any DOS booted PC: you install a suitable DOS
> mouse driver, either MOUSE.SYS in CONFIG.SYS or MOUSE.COM in
> AUTOEXEC.BAT.

"Best mouse driver ever":
http://cutemouse.sourceforge.net/

--
Robert Riebisch
Bitte NUR in der Newsgroup antworten!

Can't move mouse

Post by Adam Vard » Sun, 13 Jul 2003 05:08:01

Quote:

>>When I insert a Windows startup disk, DOS starts up. If you run a
>>program here though, the mouse does not respond. How can I fix that?

> Same way you would in any DOS booted PC: you install a suitable DOS

I have never used a DOS booted PC before.

Quote:> mouse driver, either MOUSE.SYS in CONFIG.SYS or MOUSE.COM in
> AUTOEXEC.BAT.

I searched my entire hard drive for Mouse. It turned up nothing. There
does not seem to be any type of filename with 'mouse' in it. I actually
looked up Mouse in a DOS book, in the index. I couldn't find any
reference to it.

I'd really appreciate any advice about the normal sources of such things.

Can't move mouse

Post by proceru » Sun, 13 Jul 2003 06:15:44

Quote:> I searched my entire hard drive for Mouse. It turned up nothing. There
> does not seem to be any type of filename with 'mouse' in it. I actually
> looked up Mouse in a DOS book, in the index. I couldn't find any
> reference to it.

> I'd really appreciate any advice about the normal sources of such things.

Hi,

download CuteMouse from 1.9 from here-
http://cutemouse.sourceforge.net/

Unzip ctmouse.exe from the file to a known directory or even the root of C:
to keep things simple.  When you boot with the floppy then activate the
mouse driver by typing its name and path.

For example if you unzip it to c:\temp then type c:\temp\ctmouse.exe and hit
return.  If you unzip it to c:\windows then type c:\windows\ctmouse.exe and
hit return.  Etc.

HTH
procerus

Can't move mouse

Post by Sir Alari » Sun, 13 Jul 2003 06:55:29

try this in autoexec.bat

C:\DOS\LMOUSE.COM

or
C:\DOS\MOUSE.SYS

i use the lmouse.com on my laptop
mouse.sys works in a desktop or tower, at least is always has for me.
cutemouse doesn't seem to work on my laptop, but hey, who knows

sir alaric

> > Same way you would in any DOS booted PC: you install a suitable DOS
> > mouse driver, either MOUSE.SYS in CONFIG.SYS or MOUSE.COM in
> > AUTOEXEC.BAT.

> "Best mouse driver ever":
> http://cutemouse.sourceforge.net/

> --
> Robert Riebisch
> Bitte NUR in der Newsgroup antworten!
> Please reply to the Newsgroup ONLY!

Can't move mouse

Post by Ted Davi » Sun, 13 Jul 2003 10:16:38

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 20:08:01 +0000 (UTC), Adam Vardy

>>>When I insert a Windows startup disk, DOS starts up. If you run a
>>>program here though, the mouse does not respond. How can I fix that?

>> Same way you would in any DOS booted PC: you install a suitable DOS

>I have never used a DOS booted PC before.

>> mouse driver, either MOUSE.SYS in CONFIG.SYS or MOUSE.COM in
>> AUTOEXEC.BAT.

>I searched my entire hard drive for Mouse. It turned up nothing. There
>does not seem to be any type of filename with 'mouse' in it. I actually
>looked up Mouse in a DOS book, in the index. I couldn't find any
>reference to it.

>I'd really appreciate any advice about the normal sources of such things.

Normal sources dried up when DOS did.  You used to get drivers with
the mouse - there may still be one on the CD.  Well how about that I
actually managed to find the CD for my newest mouse ... yes there is
DOS directory buried under MW, and it has  mouse.exe and mousedrv.ini
- the driver is much larger than I remember them being, so look for an
older one, if you can find one that works with your mouse (or find an
older mouse that works with the driver).  Do a Google search on

  download DOS "mouse driver"

to find a number of sources.

1. moving DOS4GW prog's to other OS's

Maybe this is the wrong place but.....

Would it be possible to remove DOS4GW from a program which uses it, and
simply prepend a different extender, for a different OS (*** on the SAME
MACHINE, i.e from DOS to Linux ***)??  A friend of mine can apparently get
DISPLAY (a graphix program, which uses DJGPP, and go32) to work without go32
under OS/2.

I just thought it would be a good way to move some protected mode programs to
another OS.  Or am I talking out of my arse?

                                                Chris Sheppard

2. Remote Command under Windows 3.1?

3. DOS int for 'move' function

4. Incredibly slow Windows 2000 login

5. The 'turbvis' list has been moved..

6. PROVEIT2000

7. Can't use bus mouse on serial mouse PC ??

8. BIND 8.1.1 under Solaris 2.6

9. help to move a mouse (Allegro)

10. My mouse moves 4 pixels per click!!

11. TERMINAL works only while mouse moves

12. Move does not delete all moved files from source?

13. how to move the mouse-cursor