changing the drive letter on second drive

changing the drive letter on second drive

Post by Tony Val » Fri, 31 May 1996 04:00:00

I have installed a second hard disk..It automatically uses D:.
Can I change this as my primary hard disk uses D: and E:

Thanks

changing the drive letter on second drive

Post by Tann » Fri, 31 May 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>I have installed a second hard disk..It automatically uses D:.
>Can I change this as my primary hard disk uses D: and E:

>Thanks

your master drive will use the next unused drive names.  You'll
probably find that your drives take turns.  drv1=c,e,g drv2=d,f,h

1. Swap CDROM drive letter with a hard-drive partition drive letter

My computer came with one hard drive (C:) and one CDROM (D:), and a lot of
programs installed.  In addition, I have installed several more CDROM
programs.  Now, I added a second hard drive and partitioned it into two
partitions.  Unfortunately, now my CDROM drive letter is F: and my CD
programs won't work.  I'd like to move my CDROM drive letter back to D:.  I
am looking for a utility which will swap my F: CDROM drive letter with my
D: drive, so that my CDROM will be on drive D: and my hard drives will be
C:, E:, and F:.

Yes, I know that I can re-install the CDROM programs, but that is a lot of
work.  A utility as described above would be easier.
--

2. Unable to start Vision 2000 Professional SP1 with Office XP

3. Changing drive letters(not switching drives)

4. Dial-Up Networking TimeOut Utility

5. How to discover the second CDROM boot drive letter from MSDOS batch?

6. Supra internal voice 56 SUP2123

7. Disabling drive letter B: on one-floppy drive machines

8. WTB: Palmtop to read e-texts

9. removable drives, drive letters

10. Drive Letter to Bios Number to Physical Drive

11. Map drive letters to phyical drive numbers and partitions

12. # Virtual drives/non-existent Drive letters under DOS? #

13. Converting DOS drive letters to physical drives....