my 4DOS pages

Post by Klaus Meinhar » Sat, 06 Sep 2003 16:43:06

Hi Folks,

I have realized I won't find the time to maintain my 4DOS and MSDOS
pages at

<http://home.t-online.de/home/K_Meinhard/>

any longer.

If you find this site useful and if you are interested in taking over
possession and maintenance of either the whole site or the 4DOS or the
MSDOS part of the site, please send me a note. I would assist in
transfering the content (about 50 megaBytes  to the new owner's
site, as well as contributing some still unpublished material (e.g. new
batches by Bernd Schneider and others).

If nobody's interested, I'll take my site offline at the end of this
year.

 --
Viele Grsse, best regards,

Klaus Meinhard
073657 East 530752 North
Author of the 4XBTM batch collection at

Post by Jonathan de Boyne Pollar » Tue, 09 Sep 2003 19:13:05

KM> I'll take my site offline at the end of this year.

Why do that when just leaving it there is actually _less_ work than deleting
it ?

Why create more link-rot ?

my 4DOS pages

Post by Klaus Meinhar » Wed, 10 Sep 2003 01:44:02

Quote:>> I'll take my site offline at the end of this year.

> Why do that when just leaving it there is actually _less_ work than
> deleting it ?

Because it's now on the free webspace of my ISP, which I plan to use for
something else. I could try to put it all on free webspace of some
adverti*t-sponsored provider, but

  a) its work and time I'd like to avoid
  b) these pages with lots of downloadable material
      have a tendency to suddenly be gone, a) would be futile.

--
Viele Grsse, best regards,

*Klaus Meinhard*
073657 East 530752 North
Author of the 4XBTM batch collection at
http://www.veryComputer.com/

my 4DOS pages

Post by Klaus Meinhar » Thu, 11 Sep 2003 14:09:17

spam).

If you need it at another adress, e.g. yahoo, write again.

--
Viele Grsse, best regards,

*Klaus Meinhard*
073657 East 530752 North
Author of the 4XBTM batch collection at
http://home.t-online.de/home/K_Meinhard/

1. 4DOS web pages, batch incompatibilities

Two requests:

(1) I'm looking for good web pages which feature 4DOS. If anyone knows
of any good 4DOS sites (other than http://www.jpsoft.com), please post
them here. Thanks!

(2) Also, if anyone at JP Software or elsewhere has compiled a list of
incompatibilities (not differences, but incompatibilities) between 4DOS
and MS-DOS commands as it releates to writing or using batch files, can
you please post them or point me to URL?

   For example, the 4DOS 'date' command doesn't contain the prefix
string "Current date is", which is sometimes relied on in many batch
files. E.g.,

           echo. | date | find "Current" >temp.fil

  If there are other incompatibilities with MS-DOS, could we have a list
of them somewhere? Thanks.

--

senior editor, Cornerstone magazine
http://www.cornerstonemag.com

2. NotePad Help

3. 4DOS WWW Page

4. ACE_Reactor: schedule_timer misses events

5. PAGE: new internet page for DJGPP

6. Vue & ReflectionX

7. Need an EGA page-to-page limited area blit

8. FS: Ultra 1 170E

9. 4DOS UNIX is UNIX for 4DOS, not 4DOS for UNIX!

10. Help with 4DOS.ini File Needed - 4dos.ini (1/1)

11. Help with 4DOS.ini File Needed - 4dos.ini (0/1)

12. New 4DOS icon for Windows - 4dos.ico [1/1] - 4dosicon.zip (1/1)

13. New 4DOS icon for Windows - 4dos.ico [1/1] - 4dosicon.zip (0/1)