Simple MSDOS FS driver implementation

Post by Jim Witt » Fri, 15 Aug 2003 08:06:51

Hi,

  I'll probably get flamed for this somehow, but..  Where can I find a
*simple* example of an implementation of a driver for reading MSDOS
format disks?  I want to port it as a layer on top of an ATA (flash card)
driver for the Apple Newton, and need a simple implementation to pattern
it after.  The Newton's data-access routines are single-threaded (I
think), so it wouldn't have to deal with locking and synchronization
issues.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jim Witte

Simple MSDOS FS driver implementation

Post by Wojciech Galazk » Sun, 17 Aug 2003 01:57:34

Jim Witte napisa3(a) w wiadomo?ci: ...

Quote:>Hi,

>  I'll probably get flamed for this somehow, but..  Where can I find a
>*simple* example of an implementation of a driver for reading MSDOS
>format disks?

you mean raw drive access or FAT layer access ?