HELP AUTOEXEC.BAT PUZZEL

Post by Gray Richa » Tue, 03 Dec 1996 04:00:00

        I am having trouble accessing my autoexec.bat program it says the
program is to big to fit in memory.  How do I fix this?  I have 16 MB of
memory and my file is only like five lines long.  The edit program just
wont budge.  I am not a programer, just a little humble pc owner . . .
what can I do?

Thanks, the dyslexic who can not spell.  :)
--
        "Through dangers untolled and hardships unumbered.  I have
fought my way here to the castle, beyond the goblin city.  To take back

        *         Rich Gray          *  Art is the souls way   *

HELP AUTOEXEC.BAT PUZZEL

Post by Marc Brousse » Tue, 03 Dec 1996 04:00:00

>    I am having trouble accessing my autoexec.bat program it says the
>program is to big to fit in memory.

Post the damn thing so we can see what's in it.

HELP AUTOEXEC.BAT PUZZEL

Post by Ted Dav » Wed, 04 Dec 1996 04:00:00

>    I am having trouble accessing my autoexec.bat program it says the
>program is to big to fit in memory.  How do I fix this?  I have 16 MB of
>memory and my file is only like five lines long.  The edit program just
>wont budge.  I am not a programer, just a little humble pc owner . . .
>what can I do?

What is "it"?  AUTOEXEC.BAT is a text file and any editor should be
able to load it.  If you are trying to use EDIT and EDIT ("it") is
barfing, you most likely need to reinstall EDIT.COM and QBASIC.* from
the original DOS disks or a sound backup.

HELP AUTOEXEC.BAT PUZZEL

Post by Frank San » Wed, 04 Dec 1996 04:00:00

>    I am having trouble accessing my autoexec.bat program it says the
> program is to big to fit in memory.  How do I fix this?  I have 16 MB of
> memory and my file is only like five lines long.  The edit program just
> wont budge.  I am not a programer, just a little humble pc owner . . .
> what can I do?

    I doubt that it is complaining that autoexec.bat won't fit in
memory.  I assume its your editor that won't fit in memory.  You should
specify what editor you are trying to use, whether under windows or
dos, and what else is running on your PC.  Probably some other programs
need to be shut down.

---

HELP AUTOEXEC.BAT PUZZEL

Post by Charles D » Wed, 04 Dec 1996 04:00:00

>    I am having trouble accessing my autoexec.bat program it says the
>program is to big to fit in memory.  How do I fix this?  I have 16 MB of
>memory and my file is only like five lines long.  The edit program just
>wont budge.  I am not a programer, just a little humble pc owner . . .
>what can I do?

For starters, you might try LOADFIX EDIT AUTOEXEC.BAT -- if this works,
you may have a defective version of the editor which shipped with very early
releases of DOS 5.

1. autoexec.bat and understanding bat files

When one uses notepad.exe to open autoexec.bat, the document looks like a
software program code resembling BASIC.

What does autoexec.bat do, and how can we use it or change it to do different
things?  How does autoexec.bat do its things?  Can we write new autoexec.bat
files with other names  (somethingsomething.bat) for any reason?

G C

2. 8mm reader (sun)

3. * HELP NEEDED DESPERATELY FOR AUTOEXEC.BAT *

4. Tolken's Tengwar font (for Windows 3.1)

5. HELP: msd.exe hangs using my autoexec.bat and config.sys

6. Any major issues upgrading to SP3 on Server and Adv. Server?

7. Autoexec.bat, config.sys setup...HELP

8. RE : EASY CD PRO & HP 4020i

9. Help with error trapping in autoexec.bat.

10. Help needed for custom autoexec.bat file

11. Help me with autoexec.bat and config.sys (QEMM) Please

12. HELP NEEDED DESPERATELY FOR AUTOEXEC.BAT

13. my autoexec.bat disapear