WIN95 Install Date

Post by Omar Morale » Sat, 19 Jul 2003 20:20:58

Hi to everybody!

Does anybody know if it is possible to pick from the registers the install
date of WIN 95?

Many thanks, Omar Morales.-

WIN95 Install Date

Post by Eli Zaretski » Sun, 20 Jul 2003 20:27:02

> Newsgroups: comp.os.msdos.djgpp
> Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 13:20:58 +0200

> Does anybody know if it is possible to pick from the registers the install
> date of WIN 95?

You could simply look at the date and time of your C:\WINDOWS
directory.

1. Clean Install to Win95: How do I change date & keyboard layout in DOS?

Hi,

Have done a 'clean install'  to Win95 by using a 'Boot Disk' which
contains the following files:

autoexec.bat
command.com
config.sys, (Device =A:\LTNIDE.sys/ D:MSCD001
drvspace.bin
io.sys
ltnide.sys
mscdex.exe
msdos.sys, (;FORMAT)

The system works fine, except that the date format in both MS DOS mode
and Windows is configured to the American layout and also the keyboard
in DOS mode is American.

The keyboard is OK in Windows as it can be configured through Control
Panel.

Presumably I must have left something out of the boot disk, possibly
country.sys as I understand the configuration for the UK should have a
line in the config.sys as country=044

I,ve tried adding the country.sys file after the installation of
Win95, and I've altered the config.sys to show the country as 044
but I still cannot get the date and keyboard to change in DOS mode.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated,  thanks in advance

Max

2. Looking for a switch

3. Changing file date & time in DOS session under Win95

4. error in System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfiguration.Configure

5. Help installing 4DOS under win95

6. what I learned about scanners for SPARCstations

7. Installing djggp in win95

8. question

9. Install Dos 6.22 over Win95

10. Win95 installed, now some DOS apps run slow!

11. re-installing win95

12. Installing MS-DOS 6.2 over Win95

13. Need CDROM driver for IBM Aptiva to install Win95...help!