Can I cd to a UNC directory?

Post by Michael La » Thu, 14 Aug 2003 08:19:53

I have a home network. I can do a dir \\vaio\transfer under 4DOS. But
when I do a "cd \\vaio\transfer", nothing happens. Does anybody here
have a solution?

Thanks

          <***  Michael Lang  ***>

Can I cd to a UNC directory?

Post by Charles Dy » Thu, 14 Aug 2003 10:43:06

Quote:>I have a home network. I can do a dir \\vaio\transfer under 4DOS. But
>when I do a "cd \\vaio\transfer", nothing happens. Does anybody here
>have a solution?

Not in 4DOS, but in 4NT and Take Command you can CDD to a UNC path.
(Note:  CDD, not CD.)

Better yet, with a trailing backslash, the CDD command is implied:

   \\vaio\transfer\

--

Can I cd to a UNC directory?

Post by Michael Bednare » Thu, 14 Aug 2003 10:55:18

in comp.os.msdos.4dos:

Quote:>I have a home network. I can do a dir \\vaio\transfer under 4DOS. But
>when I do a "cd \\vaio\transfer", nothing happens. Does anybody here
>have a solution?

Either use CDD instead of CD, or create an alias where CD=CDD.

--
Michael Bednarek, IT Manager, Tactical Global Management
Waterfront Pl, Brisbane 4000, Australia. "POST NO BILLS"

1. cd command processing UNC filenames

Hi,

I'm looking for a function, to use instead of the DOS-command 'cd' which

supports UNC-Paths (\\hostname\\pathname) . I want to use this new
command
out of *.cmd Scripts (the OS is Win NT)
Is there any freeeware/shareware/c-function available ?

Thanks a lot.

______________________
Norbert Trembacz
EIGNER + PARTNER AG
D-76139 Karlsruhe
Phone: +49 (721) 6291-0
Fax:   +49 (721) 6291-88

2. Can you determine table from ROWID?

3. Programming CD-ROM/CD-R/CD-RW

4. Mozilla 1.0 & tabbed browsing: how to save "tabs setup"

5. Directory Name Completion on CD

6. Timer with serial interface

7. How to map a drive name to CD directory?

8. VOICE (AT) commands for Zoom VFX 28.8 anyone?

9. CD (Change Directory)Problem

10. ISO 9660 CD-R, limit on # entries in root directory?

11. Remap a Directory as a CD-ROM drive?

12. Problem with CD'S Directory Long Filename

13. Telephone Directory CD?