Running OLD djgpp program on Linux's DOSEMU

Running OLD djgpp program on Linux's DOSEMU

Post by Jacek Misiurewic » Sat, 22 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Hi!

I've got an unusual problem:

I am using a GNU C compiler for Analog Devices DSP21060 signal
processor. I have the DOS (DJGPP) version, in the EXE form, running
under GO32.exe, version 1.10 (copyright 1991....).=20
 To be more clear: Analog guys compiled the GNU C, PC->ADSP
crosscompiler USING the DJGPP compiler. I have the result, which runs
under DOS.

 I would prefer to use the compiler in a DOSEMU session under
LINUX. This would give me some important flexibility, namely I'd be
able to load/execute the code on DSP cooperating with DOS "host"
program from one DOS session, peek/poking the DSP from another
session. I've seen this work on W95, so why not on Linux? (The setup
works, only the compiler doesn't).

Symptoms:=20

compiler tries to run GO32.exe which gives in DOSEMU a message:=20

DPMI: Unhandled Execption 0c - Terminating Client
It is likely that dosemu is unstable now and should be rebooted
File cpp did not execute!

The QUESTION is:

 Can I substitute GO32 1.10 with some newer version that would
cooperate with DOSEMU? (I tried 1.11.maint4 - is worse!)
 Can I do anything else, not having the stuff to re-compile the compiler?

Thanks for good suggestions...

Jacek

Politechnika Warszawska                    Warsaw University of Technology
Wydzia=B3 Elektroniki (i czego=B6 tam jeszcze) Electronics Engineering
Instytut Podstaw Elektroniki  ------       Institute of Electronics Fundame=
ntals
(Is computer FUNDAMENTAL in electronics?)=09

Running OLD djgpp program on Linux's DOSEMU

Post by Jacek Misiurewic » Fri, 28 Mar 1997 04:00:00

This is a self-answer....

> Analog guys compiled the GNU C, PC->ADSP
> crosscompiler USING the DJGPP compiler. I have the result, which runs
> under DOS.
> compiler tries to run GO32.exe which gives in DOSEMU a message:

> DPMI: Unhandled Execption 0c - Terminating Client

Under THE NEWEST (0.64.1) Dosemu thing are better. GO32 ver. 1.10 runs now well, and the offender
is now the assembler program (under DOS/16M extender....). Finally, after letting Dosemu DPMI be
"unsafe" (an option in Dosemu.conf) I can do what I wanted!

--

Politechnika Warszawska                    Warsaw University of Technology
Wydzia3 Elektroniki (i czego? tam jeszcze) Electronics Engineering
Instytut Podstaw Elektroniki  ------       Institute of Electronics Fundamentals
(Is computer FUNDAMENTAL in electronics?)

1. DJGPP under DR-Opendos 7.02 running under Linux Dosemu

I am having a problem compiling C++ files with DJGPP under dosemu and
Opendos 7.02.  I can compile C programs just fine.  The strange thing is
everything was fine before I installed opendos.  I used to be able to
compile c++ programs just fine under win 95 on the same drive that
Dosemu uses.  I have everything set up according to the readme.1st I
believe.  The main thing is whenever I invoke gxx it says ld.exe can't
find crt0.o.  Here is my autoexec.bat

PATH C:\OPENDOS;C:\;C:\DJC;C:\DJC\BIN;C:\DJC\LIB;c:\windows;
set djgpp=c:\djc\djgpp.env
rem EMM386 PIC=ON
rem DPMI OFF
VERIFY OFF
rem PROMPT [OpenDOS] $P$G
rem SET OPENDOSCFG=C:\OPENDOS

Thanks.

Mike.

2. HELP! QA

3. Use DJGPP-compiler in Linux's MSDOS-box ( dosemu ).

4. WC <-> Win95 using IPX

5. Fw: Use DJGPP-compiler in Linux's MSDOS-box ( dosemu ).

6. Robotics Internet Resources

7. running DJGPP programs in DOSEMU?

8. SCSI Terminator?

9. running DJGPP programs in DOSEMU ?

10. CWSDPMI under DOSEMU under Linux doesn't work.

11. Can DJGPP programs run on an old dos?

12. DJGPP under Linux DOSEMU or Wine