Assembly

Post by Kevin Gra » Fri, 14 May 1993 08:40:26

I'm not sure if this is the right group to post to for this type of problem but
here go's.

I am looking for a program/utillity that will when given a .exe .com .sys file
will take the hex codes and convert them to an operand and its operators.

For example:

        It would take:          BF 00 00
                                BB 00 09

        And return:             Mov DI,0h
                                Mov BX,0900h

This may seem like a silly question, but I am a beginner in assembly and any
help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin Grant
Griffith Uni.
QLD, Australia.

Assembly

Post by Robert F. Web » Sun, 16 May 1993 01:47:06

Use the unassemble command (u) while running the MSDOS debug program.

1. Old Watcom Assembly -> New Watcom Assembly

   Hey guys,
I asked a question related to this before.  Is it possible to compile assembly
that was made for the Watcom 386asm assembler for use with Watcom C/C++ 32 9.5.
I still haven't heard anything from the company as of yet and I called them
yesterday.  I sent mail to them the day before (e-mail).  Anyway if any of you
know the answer let me know.  I don't know assembly so I won't be able to
actually convert any code unless it's really minor which I would doubt.  Even
if you think it can't be done let me know that as well.  If I can't do what I
need to do with what I have then I'm sending my third-party library back to
the company.  The ideal solution would involve an assembler which won't cost me
any extra money like tasm since I already have Borland or masm since I have
access to that as well.  Thanks in advance for any pointers.
I don't mind what Congress does, as long as they don't do it in the
streets and frighten the horses.    -- Victor Hugo

2. Selling Theatre of Death game

3. Inline assembly verses straight assembly

4. Book Review: "Internet Slick Tricks" by Glossbrenner

5. Why DEST,SOURCE Assembly Language? (Was IX86 Assembly example...)

6. Info Needed on UUCP Gateways

7. Extended Assembly

8. Tons of Apple Items Forsale

9. Converter for djgpp Assembly