adding a different number to file name

Post by Jonathan de Boyne Pollar » Wed, 23 Jul 2003 00:11:35

nmc> any idea what can i do to make this work in w9x?

Obtain either 4DOS or TCWIN32 and modify the script to be

        set num=0

        do_something_here > test%num%.log

For best results, ensure that the only files matching
the "test*.log" search wildcard are your output files.

1. Different file names, different files?

I'm writing a program in X86 assembler that takes and input file and
produces an output file.
I want to be sure that the output file is not the same file as the
input file.
The problem is that you can specify the path to a file in more than
one way. C:\DIR1\FILE1 is the same file as .\FILE1 if my program
executes from DIR1.
My question is: how do I detect that two different paths are really
the same absolute path?

Thanks,
Ludo JORIS

2. CIFEr'96 Program Outline, New York, March 24-26, 1996

3. MS-DOS's Hidden Files...different names

4. Great Presentation File >> Storage Device <

5. Use of Solidworks with Visual Basic

6. Duplicate function names (in different .lib's)

7. Size of Warp?

8. Batch file that copies lines from text file and saves to different filename

9. Unable to delete file name that is a res. device name

10. LN.BTM - Adds and Removes Line Numbers

11. Creation of Two Different Macros w.r.t. Two Different Versions of Type