Is there voice recognition software, one for my 386 Pc ?

Is there voice recognition software, one for my 386 Pc ?

Post by Gaetan Maillo » Sat, 05 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hi

Is there a voice recognition software, one that I can use with my 386 Pc.
and with Window 3.1 ?

English or french version, I would use that for word processing.

Who made it or was made it ?

Thank you

Bye

Gaetan

Is there voice recognition software, one for my 386 Pc ?

Post by Fievez famil » Sat, 05 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I would think not. I recently looked at some software which required 200MHz
cpu, 20x cd-rom, 48 M of ram and 200M of free space MINIMUM.

> Hi

> Is there a voice recognition software, one that I can use with my 386 Pc.
> and with Window 3.1 ?

> English or french version, I would use that for word processing.

> Who made it or was made it ?

> Thank you

> Bye

> Gaetan

Is there voice recognition software, one for my 386 Pc ?

Post by jga6 » Sat, 05 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Maybe it's time to upgrade he ?
Voice recognition is somewhere jerky on a PII 300.
Can figure out what it could be on a 386 without Math FPU !!
Fun to see if you manage to install.

Post by Dom Cron » Sat, 05 Dec 1998 04:00:00

>Hi

>Is there a voice recognition software, one that I can use with my 386 Pc.
>and with Window 3.1 ?

>English or french version, I would use that for word processing.

>Who made it or was made it ?

>Thank you

>Bye

>Gaetan

Probably not - the software's been around for ages waiting for the
hardware to catch up. Ideally you want a 300MHz machine or upwards,
but a 200 will do although its frustrating. Voice recognition is about
pure raw processing power.
--
Dom Cronin
London - UK

Post by Mark Stanku » Sat, 05 Dec 1998 04:00:00

> Hi

> Is there a voice recognition software, one that I can use with my 386 Pc.
> and with Window 3.1 ?

> English or french version, I would use that for word processing.

> Who made it or was made it ?

> Thank you

> Bye

> Gaetan

wordpad for about $10 at fry's electronics. I don't know
how good it is.

Mark

Is there voice recognition software, one for my 386 Pc ?

Post by scorch » Sun, 06 Dec 1998 04:00:00

There is a very basic speech recognition program; been around for
years, that runs in 3.x. It's called In Cube (sometimes spelled In3).
It doesn't have dictation though. It's simply a voice-driven interface
to your operating system. In other words; you can navigate; execute
and run Windows and it's programs with it. It's shareware and can
still be found on most SW sites. Just make sure you get the older
16-bit version.

>> Hi

>> Is there a voice recognition software, one that I can use with my 386 Pc.
>> and with Window 3.1 ?

>> English or french version, I would use that for word processing.

>> Who made it or was made it ?

>> Thank you

>> Bye

>> Gaetan

>wordpad for about $10 at fry's electronics. I don't know
>how good it is.

>Mark

1. Voice Recognition Software

        Has anyone seen or used voice recognition software? And are there
any c-libraries to support its functions?  I would love to put voice
recognition into an application I am working on.  Any info in this area would
be great!!

        Thanks in advanced!

---
 /\  \  \  \________|          Marc A. Lefebvre         |_________/  /  /  /\
|  \  \  \__________|         Software Engineer         |___________/  /  /  |
|\  \  \____________|    CyberBase Technologies Inc.    |_____________/  /  /|
| \  \______________|       Software Developement       |_______________/  / |
|  \________________|      9-1B Windingbrook Drive.     |_________________/  |
|\__________________|    Guilderland, New York 12084    |___________________/|
|-USA World Cup `94-|__________(518)452-0927____________|-USA World Cup `94--|
|*********** Makers of the virtual reality software, Virtuoso (tm) **********|

                         "I'd rather be Windsurfing!"

2. Need Some Help

3. 'X Window on 386 PC' software wanted

4. FS: Indy(s)

5. Any Books/Info on Understanding/Making Voice Recognition?> G Help Genius'

6. Context Merger and other Ques!

7. Voice Recognition

8. PID of DLL function caller?

9. Talk to your computer (voice recognition)

10. Voice recognition in DOS or DOS4GW

11. Simple voice recognition (0..9 numbers) for data entry ?

12. VOICE RECOGNITION?

13. Looking for 386 DOS, preferably GPL or BSD licensed (or may wish to start one) ...