DIRCMD in autoexec.bat files...

Post by Corey Lane Mensche » Tue, 07 Sep 1993 08:44:21

        I've only been using 4dos 4.0 for about a month and a half, and I
love it!  But, I have run into a problem.  I use to have switched set for
my dir command so every time I typed dir, the switches /p and /o would be
called.  Ever since I intalled 4dos, however, I haven't been able to get
that to work.  I'm running dos 6.0 right now!  Does anybody have a suggestion?

Corey Menscher

DIRCMD in autoexec.bat files...

Post by Davi » Tue, 07 Sep 1993 15:37:52

Quote:

>    I've only been using 4dos 4.0 for about a month and a half, and I
>love it!  But, I have run into a problem.  I use to have switched set for
>my dir command so every time I typed dir, the switches /p and /o would be
>called.  Ever since I intalled 4dos, however, I haven't been able to get
>that to work.  I'm running dos 6.0 right now!  Does anybody have a suggestion?

>Corey Menscher

        Try the command "alias", setting the aliases will do what you want.
Please refer to the file "aliases".

DIRCMD in autoexec.bat files...

Post by Huu Truc Nguy » Thu, 09 Sep 1993 10:08:03

Quote:>    I've only been using 4dos 4.0 for about a month and a half, and I
>love it!  But, I have run into a problem.  I use to have switched set for
>my dir command so every time I typed dir, the switches /p and /o would be
>called.  Ever since I intalled 4dos, however, I haven't been able to get
>that to work.  I'm running dos 6.0 right now!  Does anybody have a suggestion?
>Corey Menscher

How about
alias dir=*dir /p /o

--