FreeDOS and Linux

Post by MBR » Mon, 28 Jul 2003 23:42:11

Hello, I have installed FreeDOS in a PC whit Linux and Win XP.
I use LILO for loading win XP and FreeDOS.
The problem is that when I boot FreeDOS, I only obtain the message:
ROOT FAT KERNEL
And the system don't boot.
In LILO I have configurated whit:

other=/dev/hda3 #The partition that contain FreeDOS(FAT 16 LBA), no
                                                #activate
  label=FDOS
  table=/dev/hda

And in FreeDOS I have run sys a: c:
Why doesn't works?
Thanks.

1. <FreeDOS> How do I format my HDD with FreeDOS beta 3?

I am trying to format my Quantum Fireball 2GB HDD with FreeDOS beta 3.
Unfortunately, it gave me parameter overrange error or something like that.
 Could anyone tell me how to format HDD with FreeDOS?

This is the syntax that I used: "format c: /s"

TIA!

Hsin-Hung Yu

2. Editing SATELLITE_PAGE.COM

3. DJGPP: the future is... FreeDos? DJ-DOS? Linux?

4. Madonna's double karaoke!

5. FS: JNI and Sun Sbus cards

6. DJGPP and FreeDos

7. Installing Warp 4.0 on 8 gig drive

8. Freedos, INT 0x21, AX=0x71a0 and emacs

9. FreeDOS

10. DJGPP, FreeDOS and file access

11. freeDOS - problem setting COM1: parameters

12. DSL internet connection with FreeDOS