PC Magazine Utilities Collection for DOS

PC Magazine Utilities Collection for DOS

Post by mad ATARI user alterna » Sun, 01 Sep 2002 06:53:42

Does anyone know where I can download the original PC Magazine
Utilities for DOS (pre-1995) ?

PC Magazine Utilities Collection for DOS

Post by Marcus Hould » Sun, 01 Sep 2002 07:31:54

wrote the following to comp.os.msdos.misc:

Quote:> Does anyone know where I can download the original PC Magazine
> Utilities for DOS (pre-1995) ?

Probably from somewhere at http://www.zdnet.com, although if you say what
you're after, you might find about updated or better versions.

mh.
--
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the war room!"

PC Magazine Utilities Collection for DOS

Post by E.P. van Westendor » Sun, 01 Sep 2002 07:38:56

Just looked on the PC-Magazine website and found this piece of a
conversation about the subject:
<QUOTE>
From: NeilJRubenking (NEILJRUBENKI) May-28 12:24 pm  To: wdegroot  (2 of
discontinued.

Neil J. Rubenking
Contributing Technical Editor, PC Magazine
</QUOTE>

I know nothing about Atari's but I still have quite some PC-Magazine
Utilities from the early 80's.
Amongst others the utilities that came with the book "PC-Magazine Dos 5
Techniques and Utilities" by Jeff Prosise and "Dos Power Tools" by Paul
Somerson.

--

Eric P. van Westendorp  Tel: +31(0252)210579
Reigerslaan 22  2215NN Voorhout  Netherlands

Quote:> Does anyone know where I can download the original PC Magazine
> Utilities for DOS (pre-1995) ?

PC Magazine Utilities Collection for DOS

Post by Howard Peppe » Sun, 01 Sep 2002 08:37:38

Try here:

http://www.filelibrary.com/Contents/DOS/54/89.html

Howard

Quote:> Does anyone know where I can download the original PC Magazine
> Utilities for DOS (pre-1995) ?

1. pc<->pc parallel port file transfer utility?

is there a utility that lets you connect 2 pc's via parallel port and transfer
files?

i tried null modem but transfers don't seem to work (it expects a dialtone)

there must be a utility that does this. if one exists or someone has a
quickbasic or other prg that will work, let me know!

2. 99/4A Timeline-- Part 2 of 4

3. BAT2EXEC: Which issue of PC-Magazine?

4. Windows Millenium has an open SOAP web service on port 5000 ????!!!!

5. PC Magazine -- ouch

6. OS/2 Security

7. SUMMARY: Best PC magazines

8. ST 1.5.0 strlen bug

9. What's the best PC magazine?

10. PC MAGAZINE INDEX ??

11. PC Magazine - Canadian Subscription Prices

12. Where to find PC Magazine Benchmark 8.0?

13. Need to locate a PC COMPUTING article from April 1992 magazine