Fiddling with a Nano 1.2.1 port

Post by K. H. Ma » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 12:29:22

Hi all,

FYI, I am fiddling with a Nano 1.2.1 port to DJGPP 2.04a.
I've added some code for SFN-safe operation. No speller
though -- Nano uses a forking model for that so a major
rewrite of that section will be needed. Compiles nicely.
Currently going through a test checklist, so if there are
no major glitches I'll upload it somewhere in a few days.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)

1. Fiddling with ports

I have a program that wants my modem on either com1 or com2.  Unfortunately
I have a serial card in both and my modem is internal.  I don't have
any docs on disabling com1 or com2 and I'm pretty sure I can't reassign
them to another com port on the serial card because "com2" is actually
written on the board (the board is something like an sst-xxxx so if you
know how to do this let me know).

My question is...is there a way to fool my program into using com4
(some DOS trick, fiddling with addresses or something)?

Any suggestions appreciated.  Please respond by e-mail.

Thanks

Michael Tiller
University of Illinois

2. Harmful Files - How to prevent

3. Nano second accuracy

4. Navigation Bars?

5. Nano-Review: WATCOM C/386 9.0 (a 32-bit compiler)

6. vxworks 5.5 with tffs - tffsShowAll fails

7. Fiddling With The Classes To Make Microsoft LINK Do Data Overlays

8. What's the difference? (A1200 games)

9. Fiddling around with Allegro bitmaps

10. Parallel port problem, connecting very fast PC with very slow, networking via parallel port

11. Want port to port com program

12. Port Routines for the Parallel Ports

13. Looking for a device driver to route parallel/serial port to ethernet port