Win95 RAMDRIVE ?

Post by Ron T Lew » Fri, 25 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hello All,
          I thought some of you Win 95 users might like to here about a
program called VRAMDIR.

It only runs in Win95 unfortunately but I've found it reduces DJGPP
compile times quite significantly. Eg. A complete build of my paint
program takes 27 seconds without vramdir and 17 seconds with it
installed.

Basicly what it does is redirect your TEMP directories into dynamic
allocated RAM and that's where the speed is achieved.

DJGPP benefits as does RHIDE cos you can allocate the DJ TMP directory
as a VRAMDIR priority.

I'm running it with 32meg but the docs suggest it's as much advantage to
those running 16meg machines.

The DOWN SIDE is the SW demo only runs for 30 minutes which I found not
really long enough to evaluate it fully but I've been running the $10
registered version now for a week and it's fitted in like one of the
family.

Anyone who could use an Auto Dynamic RamDrive can get more info from:-

Virtual Software
15016 SE 63 St.
Bellevue, WA 98006-4634
Fax: (206)649-8277
http://www.accessone.com/~virtual/vramdir.htm

(OH! Well, Lifes like that Sumtimes) Regards Ron T Lewis

___
X CMPQwk #1.42X UNREGISTERED EVALUATION COPY

Win95 RAMDRIVE ?

Post by Paul Szu » Fri, 25 Apr 1997 04:00:00

>Virtual Software
>15016 SE 63 St.
>Bellevue, WA 98006-4634
>Fax: (206)649-8277
>http://www.accessone.com/~virtual/vramdir.htm

Are you sure of the Web address? I couldn't locate it...

1. Running RamDrive in Win95

Can anyone point me to a RamDrive.sys type of program which
will run under Win95?  I've tried running Dos 6.22's version
and get an incorrect version warning (wouldn'cha know?).
Might I be able to use the Ver (version) .com/sys/exe(?) to
fool DOS 7 into accepting the 6.22 file?
Replies directed to my Email reader, please.
Thanks, Stan

2. time/date error message after booting up everytime..help

3. RamDrive under Win95

4. Quartz Info Site

5. ramdrive, FAQ

6. Intranet PACS?

7. ms-dos 7 ramdrive.sys and djgpp

8. assigning a driveletter for ramdrive.sys?

9. ramdrive.sys from 6.22

10. Boot disk, find ramdrive and copy file.

11. FIND CDROM DRIVE/RAMDRIVE WHEN BOOT IN DOS?

12. "Too many Block Devices" Error problem/RAMDrives