Recognizing a tape drive as a drive letter

Recognizing a tape drive as a drive letter

Post by Jeff Cull » Wed, 02 Nov 1994 12:52:00

        Hello.  I know there is no standard way to make a tape drive
appear as a standard drive letter.  But I know there is some software
programs/drivers out there that will.  Does anyone know of such a driver
(For a Conner 250) Preferabally Shareware... Email me if you have/know
of one or post here.  Thanks.

.--------------------------------------------------------------------.
| Jeff Culler                     Canada Remote Systems (CRS Online) |

`--------------------------------------------------------------------'

Recognizing a tape drive as a drive letter

Post by Jim Glass ; JF ; GLASS ; x586-0375 ; » Fri, 04 Nov 1994 00:23:25

|>         Hello.  I know there is no standard way to make a tape drive
|> appear as a standard drive letter.  But I know there is some software
|> programs/drivers out there that will.  Does anyone know of such a driver
|> (For a Conner 250) Preferabally Shareware... Email me if you have/know
|> of one or post here.  Thanks.
|>
|> .--------------------------------------------------------------------.
|> | Jeff Culler                     Canada Remote Systems (CRS Online) |

|> `--------------------------------------------------------------------'

Sorry. Impossible.  With a Conner 250, that is.  If you have a DAT drive or other
tape that uses a SCSI interface, you can purchase TapeDisk from:

TapeDisk Corp.
816 Meadow Hill Drive
Memomonie, WI  54751

1-800-827-3372
1-715-235-3388 (voice)
1-715-235-3818 (fax)

There simply is NO available software that supports cheapo QIC-80 drives as DOS-
compatible "disk" drives with "drive letters".  Sorry.

Jim Glass

1. Swap CDROM drive letter with a hard-drive partition drive letter

My computer came with one hard drive (C:) and one CDROM (D:), and a lot of
programs installed.  In addition, I have installed several more CDROM
programs.  Now, I added a second hard drive and partitioned it into two
partitions.  Unfortunately, now my CDROM drive letter is F: and my CD
programs won't work.  I'd like to move my CDROM drive letter back to D:.  I
am looking for a utility which will swap my F: CDROM drive letter with my
D: drive, so that my CDROM will be on drive D: and my hard drives will be
C:, E:, and F:.

Yes, I know that I can re-install the CDROM programs, but that is a lot of
work.  A utility as described above would be easier.
--

2. ISP relaying SMTP?

3. Getting Norton Desktop to Recognize QIC-80 tape drive.

4. Mitsumi FX400: how to get it replaced?

5. Laptop Only Recognises Drive Letter `A'

6. 2 figure under 1 caption

7. Do tape drives have letters?

8. XBRL in Excel

9. Disabling drive letter B: on one-floppy drive machines

10. Map drive letters to phyical drive numbers and partitions

11. removable drives, drive letters

12. Drive Letter to Bios Number to Physical Drive

13. # Virtual drives/non-existent Drive letters under DOS? #