"send" for windows 95???

Post by jim » Wed, 28 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Does anybody know of a Window's 95 equivalent to the DOS based "send"
command?  The DOS syntax would read

c:\net send [computer name] [message]
        The message would appear on the users screen without prompt.

We're currently using 95 on all the worksations and NT 3.51 on the server,
a utility like this for 95 would make our lives a lot easier..

Thanks in advance!
-jimf

"send" for windows 95???

Post by Kend » Thu, 29 Aug 1996 04:00:00

>Does anybody know of a Window's 95 equivalent to the DOS based "send"
>command?  The DOS syntax would read
>c:\net send [computer name] [message]
>    The message would appear on the users screen without prompt.
>We're currently using 95 on all the worksations and NT 3.51 on the server,
>a utility like this for 95 would make our lives a lot easier..

I don't know of a command line utility, but WinPopup will do the trick for the
GUI.  It must be running on the PC the message is to be sent to.
Also, a lot of the 'net' commands still work under Win95, so try that same
syntax from a command prompt, or type - net ? - for help.

"send" for windows 95???

Post by Viktor Obulj » Thu, 29 Aug 1996 04:00:00

: Does anybody know of a Window's 95 equivalent to the DOS based "send"
: command?  The DOS syntax would read

: c:\net send [computer name] [message]
:       The message would appear on the users screen without prompt.

: We're currently using 95 on all the worksations and NT 3.51 on the server,
: a utility like this for 95 would make our lives a lot easier..

: Thanks in advance!
: -jimf
:

hello,

try ~\windows\winpopup.exe.

regards.
--

"send" for windows 95???

Post by Francois Visag » Fri, 30 Aug 1996 04:00:00

> Does anybody know of a Window's 95 equivalent to the DOS based "send"
> command?  The DOS syntax would read

> c:\net send [computer name] [message]
>    The message would appear on the users screen without prompt.

> We're currently using 95 on all the worksations and NT 3.51 on the server,
> a utility like this for 95 would make our lives a lot easier..

[emailed and posted]
Jim,
WinPopup, which comes with Win3.11/95, does exactly the same via a GUI.
The receiver needs to either run WinPopup in Windows mode, or the
MS messenging services in DOS mode.
Regards,
--

Cape Town                         Tel.   : +27 (21) 511-5303/5
South Africa                      Fax    : +27 (21) 511-5301