Problem reading official forum as a newsgroup

Problem reading official forum as a newsgroup

Post by Michael La » Fri, 05 Sep 2003 11:27:55

When I try to read the official JP Soft forum at sparklist.com with my
newsreader slrn, I can create the group list with the --create option
and then subscribe to the newsgroup. However, when I start slrn again
(without the --create option) it just displays a line with no group
name and a u, to signal, that I've not subscribed to the group.
Similar things happen, when I use XNews. I tried slrn with and without
my Sparklist account data (user name and password), same problems.

Is there anything I can do, except trying another usenet reader or
using other access methods for the forum?

Thanks

          <***  Michael Lang  ***>

Post by Stev » Fri, 05 Sep 2003 12:05:26

> When I try to read the official JP Soft forum at sparklist.com with my
> newsreader slrn, I can create the group list with the --create option
> and then subscribe to the newsgroup. However, when I start slrn again
> (without the --create option) it just displays a line with no group
> name and a u, to signal, that I've not subscribed to the group.
> Similar things happen, when I use XNews. I tried slrn with and without
> my Sparklist account data (user name and password), same problems.

> Is there anything I can do, except trying another usenet reader or
> using other access methods for the forum?

I don't know your newsreader, but Xnews is used by at least one
satisfied user of the sparklist group. I myself use either Netscape 4.79
or Outlook Express, no problem with either. Both are free products...
--

Telephone: 856-354-1752            POB 1540, Cherry Hill, NJ 08034