Don't display input

Post by Jonathan de Boyne Pollar » Wed, 23 Jul 2003 00:22:44

MN> Is there a way to ask a user for information and have it
MN> not display when they enter it in?

Yes.

<URL:http://homepages.tesco.net./~J.deBoynePollard/FGA/questions-with-yes-...>
<URL:http://homepages.tesco.net./~J.deBoynePollard/FGA/common-tasks-with-j...>

1. TInputLine : Don't want displayed char

Hi !

I am busy with a application that needs the user to input a password. My
problem is this : I use TInputLine to get user to type in password, but the
TInputLine displays the text ! Now I want to overide TInputLine to not
display the characters. What palette entry must I use ? I tried a lot of
combinations, but all of them still gives text on the screen. Can somebody
help ?

Thanx !

|A. Strydom                                   |The views and the     |
|Dep. of Computer Science                     |opinions expressed    |
|University of Port Elizabeth, Port Elizabeth |above are not those of|
|Republic of South Africa                     |the university.       |

~!

2. CD ROM unavalaible after installing wisthler

3. I don't know the address of 'Insite Pheriperals' (USA)

4. Christmas (OT)

5. 1 don't know the address of 'Insite Pheriperals' (USA)

6. terratec and latency

7. Let's locate alongside the tall chaoss, but don't generate the shiny webmasters.

8. Easy CD-Pro - How to move long filenames from Mac to PC?

9. Turbvis, Don't Waste Time at the Doctor's Office!

10. I'd like to truncate a file but I don't know how

11. OFFICIAL - Don't buy Hamilton '95

12. PC's that don't change their date - why?

13. HELP Wanted: EXPERTS PLZ: 'But i don't have a B: drive!