SQL database programming

Post by Teemu Pelton » Sun, 15 Sep 1996 04:00:00

I am currently working on a project that requires SQL database conversion to
HTML pages, or alternatively an search engine that can search for a specific
word(s) from the SQL database. The program used in creation of the database
is Gupta and size about 10 megs. There probably aren't any readily-done
programs for this, so I have to code one of my own.

Can anyone point me to Gupta's SQL database format specifications? They
didn't have one on their WWW pages.
--
Teemu Peltonen, * programmer, internet consult, WWW design

SQL database programming

Post by Ari Lukumie » Tue, 17 Sep 1996 04:00:00

> I am currently working on a project that requires SQL database conversion to
> HTML pages, or alternatively an search engine that can search for a specific
> word(s) from the SQL database. The program used in creation of the database
> is Gupta and size about 10 megs. There probably aren't any readily-done
> programs for this, so I have to code one of my own.

> Can anyone point me to Gupta's SQL database format specifications? They
> didn't have one on their WWW pages.

That's because the format is proprietary and copyrighted. You can try JDBC, though -
it allows you to access a database with an ODBC driver from a WWW program (Java
applet). See Sun's homepage for pointers (http://www.sun.com).

Later,
 AriL
--
All my opinions are mine and mine alone.

SQL database programming

Post by Stewart McDonal » Tue, 17 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> I am currently working on a project that requires SQL database conversion to
> HTML pages, or alternatively an search engine that can search for a specific
> word(s) from the SQL database. The program used in creation of the database
> is Gupta and size about 10 megs. There probably aren't any readily-done
> programs for this, so I have to code one of my own.

> Can anyone point me to Gupta's SQL database format specifications? They
> didn't have one on their WWW pages.

Perhaps switch to Oracle 7? They have agruably one of the best databse
systems, and have internet capability extensions. Soon it'll be able to
develop Java as well.... Really quite useful, you can do dynamic html
through PL/SQL....

Cia0, Joker

1. Need C-sources to manipulate SQL-databases - Need Info !

   Hey,

   I am looking for a sources or library to manipulate SQL-databases
   from a C-program, if possible public domain. I am also interested
   in commercial products. Please mail me your informations !

   Thanks for your efforts,

      Oliver

--
 NAME : O.Kretzschmar                      Inst.IKE / University Stuttgart
 PHONE: +49 711 685 2130                           Pfaffenwaldring 31

2. Oracle Data Provider, is it THAT bad?

3. SQL Database

4. IIIc stuff..?? Where?

5. Looking for MS-Windows-compatible database with SQL support

6. WFWG--Netware--MS TCP/IP

7. connect to a SQL server database from dos console

8. Q: How to use SunCD-ROM under DOS/Windows with sunpc?

9. sql database

10. How do I program a database access program using DJGPP ?

11. how to make a dos protected mode program to connect to sql server?

12. DATABASE Programming with djgpp