Building a debugger

Post by Jacky Lu » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 21:24:41

Dear all,
How do I load a program image to memory and take control of it with djgpp?
Which functions can I use?
Thanks
Jack

Building a debugger

Post by Eli Zaretski » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 00:25:41

> Newsgroups: comp.os.msdos.djgpp
> Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 20:24:41 +0800

> How do I load a program image to memory and take control of it with djgpp?
> Which functions can I use?

You want `v2loadimage' and `run_child'.  They are documented in the
library reference manual ("info libc alpha v2loadimage").

1. Cross Debugger, Turbo Debugger (Borland) compatible?

We have an app developed on Win98 using Borland C++ version 5.02, that
is deployed on a DOS system.  We've been using the Turbo Debugger
version 5.0 CROSS DEBUGGER. We would like to upgrade our dev systems
to win2K or XP.  Everyting works fine except the cross debugger.  We
use serial as the host/target link.  It seems that what win2K and XP
do to run the TDXD (Turbo Debugger Xross Debugger) is really horrible
for serial performance.  TDXD is unusable in this environment.

Does there exist a TDXD that runs natively in w2K or XP?  Any
compatible debugger? We might even be willing to spend money.  Even a
more appropriate newsgroup would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bruno

2. Irix 5.3 for 250 MHz R4400 Indy2?

3. 4NT 3.02B build 131 crashes under Windows 2000 Server build 2031

4. Direct X question

5. Pre-release: batch debugger BUG.

6. SCAN0019.JPG SEE SIDX002.JPG FOR DETAILS - scan0019.jpg [01/01]

7. debugger

8. transfer address book to access or lotus?

9. Debugger

10. Help needed with debugger

11. Debugger Error

12. GDB DEBUGGER INFO???

13. Are there any memory debuggers other than MSS and YAMD?