4DOS 5.0B not loading AUTOEXEC.BAT

Post by Sten Dresch » Sun, 16 Jan 1994 06:16:10

        I've been having a problem with 4DOS not loading AUTOEXEC when
the system boots.  I have the problem most frequently when I run
Optimize from QEMM 7.03 and 4DOS is NOT loaded low, but I've run into
the problem at other times.  The only definite clue I have toward the
cause is that when this happens, the COMSPEC variable is not set, which
leads me to believe that 4DOS, for some reason, cannot find itself
[please, no bad jokes about this] even when I explicitly tell it where
it is on the SHELL= line.  Has anyone else encountered/solved this?
--

#include <disclaimer.h>

1. AUTOEXEC.BAT Loading Problem

        my autoexec.bat file takes ~15 seconds to load, why would this
        file do this?

--
                               '''''''
                               (O) (O)

It takes two to speak truth - one to speak and another to hear.
                                                           - Thoreau
----------------------------oOO--------OOo-----------------------------

2. HP 855c Advice please.

3. Selecting the RAMdisk's drive; Loading drivers in autoexec.bat

4. Netware 4.10 to 4.11 upgrade

6. File Downloading

7. Path in autoexec.bat not holding

8. Emulation

9. How to patch COMMAND.COM to not use AUTOEXEC.BAT?

10. How to Patch COMMAND.COM to not use AUTOEXEC.BAT?

11. AUTOEXEC.BAT not recogniz on PS/1

12. Config.sys menu/one entry not executing autoexec.bat???

13. AUTOEXEC.BAT not recogniz