Another issue:

Post by JJ » Sun, 31 Jul 2011 05:43:17

Last one fixed, this one vexing:

ARACHNE GPL 1.95 for the 386 with 387 or both better (in my case Pentium
4 Celeron 1'695 MHz with unknown/internal FPU) does not exit. It always
tries to go from arachne:exit to Labs://:80/. That is weird.

---------
Born in 2000, alive since mid-1999

Just proving reality ;)

Another issue:

Post by Richard Bonn » Wed, 03 Aug 2011 00:25:19

> Last one fixed, this one vexing:
> ARACHNE GPL 1.95 for the 386 with 387 or both better (in my case Pentium
> 4 Celeron 1'695 MHz with unknown/internal FPU) does not exit. It always
> tries to go from arachne:exit to Labs://:80/. That is weird.

***   Are you running Arachne under DOS, or in a box or command-line
interface under some other operating system? If it's DOS, what make and
version?

--
         Richard Bonner
http://www.chebucto.ca/~ak621/DOS/

Another issue:

Post by JJ » Sat, 13 Aug 2011 23:04:07

>> Last one fixed, this one vexing:

>> ARACHNE GPL 1.95 for the 386 with 387 or both better (in my case Pentium
>> 4 Celeron 1'695 MHz with unknown/internal FPU) does not exit. It always
>> tries to go from arachne:exit to Labs://:80/. That is weird.

> ***   Are you running Arachne under DOS, or in a box or command-line
> interface under some other operating system? If it's DOS, what make and
> version?

Under FreeDOS, v1.0

---------

Post by JJ » Sat, 13 Aug 2011 23:04:39

>> Last one fixed, this one vexing:

>> ARACHNE GPL 1.95 for the 386 with 387 or both better (in my case Pentium
>> 4 Celeron 1'695 MHz with unknown/internal FPU) does not exit. It always
>> tries to go from arachne:exit to Labs://:80/. That is weird.

> ***   Are you running Arachne under DOS, or in a box or command-line
> interface under some other operating system? If it's DOS, what make and
> version?

Hey! I remember you, R. Bonner, from a chat we had about DOS and GUIs.

--
---------
Born in 2000, alive since mid-1999

Just proving reality ;)

1. 4NT.exe vs. CMD.exe regarding line feed and prompt color issue

in microsoft.public.win2000.cmdprompt.admin (where it doesn't belong,
but in comp.os.msdos.4dos):

[edited: Why is "for %i in (%PATH%) do echo %i;" different under 4NT
than it is under CMD?]

It seems to me that your usage of "FOR" under CMD is not supported by
current documentation (although I admit it works). Windows Help has
this:

  for %variable in (set) do command [command-parameters]
  (set)
  Specifies one or more files or text strings that you want
  to process with the specified command.

I don't know that CMD's implicit assumption that semicolons are text
delimiters is always useful. I'd rather have my command line
interpreter do what I tell it to do, not what it thinks I want to do.

The _documented_ version of FOR behaves identical under CMD and 4NT:
  FOR /F %i IN ("%PATH%") DO ECHO %i;
although not in the way you want.

%PATH usually contains a string of directory names in Short File Name
notation, separated by semicolons. That means there is exactly one
string in %PATH.

With one small alteration, 4NT can be made to behave similarly: just
replace all semicolons (";") with one followed by a space ("; "),
thus:

This and the original version when used under CMD will not quite work
as expected if the path contains directory names with spaces in them.
The proper extraction of words/fields which are separated by
semicolons is this:

(Note that the space and semicolon before the final %PATH are
significant (0-based vs. 1-based counting of words).)
I have no idea how to do this under CMD.

--
Michael Bednarek, IT Manager, Tactical Global Management
Waterfront Pl, Brisbane 4000, Australia. "POST NO BILLS"

2. Extending SMS_DEF.MOF to include Sophos AV

3. Posting issues

4. Improve application performance

5. Issues with 'gxx -O -fomit-frame-pointer' and exceptions?

6. MULTICOLS with floats?

7. cross compiler configure binutils issues with sed command in intl directory

8. Ghosting to Different Hardware?

9. Vector of Classes issue in GCC 3.1

10. Allegro LOCK_FUNCTION issue using C++

11. -fpack-struct issues

12. WSOCK using WFW3.11 - issues

13. Memory issues with DOS 6