Creation of Two Different Macros w.r.t. Two Different Versions of Type

Creation of Two Different Macros w.r.t. Two Different Versions of Type

Post by Tonga Lah » Sat, 03 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hi!
See if you can solve my  problems, please!

1: How can we rearrange this command: DOSKEY TYPE1 = MORE $L $1
into DOSKEY TYPE2 = ? using MORE at the end of the equation?

The question mark sign (?) above is the essence of the question where I
need to put MORE at the end of the command line in Type2, but still hold
the same result with Type1.

2: A macro MCD that will create a directory, then automatically make that
directory the active one. Also, make this a generic command that can be
used as many times as you want to use it.

Your contribution will be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Post by Tom Laveda » Tue, 06 Jun 2000 04:00:00

> Hi!
> See if you can solve my  problems, please!

> 1: How can we rearrange this command: DOSKEY TYPE1 = MORE $L $1
> into DOSKEY TYPE2 = ? using MORE at the end of the equation?

> The question mark sign (?) above is the essence of the question where
> I need to put MORE at the end of the command line in Type2, but still
> hold the same result with Type1.

> 2: A macro MCD that will create a directory, then automatically make
> that directory the active one. Also, make this a generic command that
> can be used as many times as you want to use it.

> Your contribution will be very much appreciated.

> Thanks.

Sounds very much like a homework problem.  We don't generally do
people's homework for them in this newsgroup, though we can help someone
who is stuck with a problem.

I'll give you a few hints.

  1.  Consider the TYPE command as part of the solution here.

  2.  How would you perform the creation of a directory from the
  keyboard?  And then, how would you change into that directory?
  Okay, now just put those two command together, replacing the
  directory name with a $1, and use a $T between the two statements
  to create your macro.

Tom Lavedas
-----------
http://www.pressroom.com/~tglbatch/

Post by Tonga Lah » Sun, 02 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> > Hi!
> > See if you can solve my  problems, please!

> > 1: How can we rearrange this command: DOSKEY TYPE1 = MORE $L $1
> > into DOSKEY TYPE2 = ? using MORE at the end of the equation?

> > The question mark sign (?) above is the essence of the question where
> > I need to put MORE at the end of the command line in Type2, but still
> > hold the same result with Type1.

> > 2: A macro MCD that will create a directory, then automatically make
> > that directory the active one. Also, make this a generic command that
> > can be used as many times as you want to use it.

> > Your contribution will be very much appreciated.

> > Thanks.

> Sounds very much like a homework problem.  We don't generally do
> people's homework for them in this newsgroup, though we can help someone
> who is stuck with a problem.

> I'll give you a few hints.

>   1.  Consider the TYPE command as part of the solution here.

>   2.  How would you perform the creation of a directory from the
>   keyboard?  And then, how would you change into that directory?
>   Okay, now just put those two command together, replacing the
>   directory name with a $1, and use a $T between the two statements
>   to create your macro.

> Tom Lavedas
> -----------
> http://www.pressroom.com/~tglbatch/

Yah right Tom!
My question is part of my project - A+ Certification - in which your
contribution was so helpful. Without your hints Tom, I would not have a
clue how to solve my problems. In any case, I worked them out and got the
correct answers as shown below:
Problem 1: DOSKEY TYPE2 = TYPE $1 $B MORE
Problem 2: DOSKEY MCD = MD $1 $T CD $1.
Thank you Tom.

Thanks also for the service of the CNET-Help People.

1. Duplicate definition in two different include files.

Hi Guys,

I was compiling some old code that compiled correctly with version 271 but fails with  version 281.
Its easy to reproduce.

Create a c++ file which just has the following 2 lines:-

#include <new.h>
#include <math.h>

At the dos prompt type "make testit" to get the following error messages.

make testit
gcc     testit.cc   -o testit
In file included from testit.cc:2:
c:/djgpp/include/math.h:73: redefinition of `class exception'
c:/djgpp/lib/gcc-lib/djgpp/2.81/include/exception:20: previous definition here
c:/djgpp/lib/gcc-lib/djgpp/2.81/include/exception:20: previous declaration of `exception::exception(const struct exception &)' with C++ linkage
c:/djgpp/include/math.h:79: conflicts with new declaration with C linkage
c:/djgpp/lib/gcc-lib/djgpp/2.81/include/exception:20: previous declaration of `struct exception & exception::operator =(const struct exception &)' with C++ linkage
c:/djgpp/include/math.h:79: conflicts with new declaration with C linkage
make.exe: *** [testit] Error 1

Compilation exited abnormally with code 2 at Fri Aug 21 15:44:52

As you can see there is a duplicate definition. causing the compile failure.

Has anyone else seen this?
Which one should I redefine and to what to keep compatibility with bug fixes?

Regards

Steve.

2. nickm@koekie.org.uk

3. How do I display two BMP images with different pallate on the same screen?

4. Character device driver once more ...

5. Different file names, different files?

6. FORTRAN Compiler for SPARC 1+

7. Different CLK_TCK macro in MSC and BC, why?

8. zmodem with kermit

9. Different types of DOS

10. Different menu types in TVision??????

11. Possible to have (and boot) two diff. DOS from two disk ?

12. FDISK results in different DOS versions

13. Differences between different versions of MSDOS 6