Copying Files Without File Extensions

Post by Sonnie Eserokp » Tue, 11 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hello,
How does one copy file(s) without the extension(s) ?
Thanks.

Sonnie

Copying Files Without File Extensions

Post by Shoeless in San Jos » Tue, 11 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> Hello,
> How does one copy file(s) without the extension(s) ?
> Thanks.

copy  *.*  a:\*

(using A: as an example target).

Greg

Post by Gerry Kro » Sat, 15 Aug 1998 04:00:00

>> Hello,
>> How does one copy file(s) without the extension(s) ?
>> Thanks.

>copy  *.*  a:\*

>(using A: as an example target).

>Greg

Dear "barefoot" AKA "Greg":

I think I'd modify the command slightly (just to be sure) by putting a
period after that last asterisk:

    copy  *.*  a:\*.

--
.
.

1. How do you use the COPY command to copy multiple files without using wildcards?

I'm trying to learn DOS a little bit. When I use the command COPY to copy
several files like:

COPY filea + fileb \directoryname

It only copies the multiple files into 1 file (with the first filename
appended).  Using the command that way: COPY filea + filea
\directoryname\filea + fileb  doesn't work and fileb loses its contents,
replaced by the contents of filea. What am I doing wrong?

How do you type the COPY command for several filenames and have it copy
all the files individually like when you use the * wild card and have them
all retain their own original filenames ? Thank you for replying my newbie
question.

2. Amiga Stuff 4Sale

3. copy files without "(x)copy"

4. Problems with session state

5. Extended Memory vs. Expanded Memory

6. Help - batch file to copy files newer than other files

7. Elisp front end to pgp ?

8. File extension list (Was Re: What is WDB extension?)

9. Calling another batch file without exiting/setting environment vars by batch file ?

10. Batch file that copies lines from text file and saves to different filename

11. copy 0-byte file from Batch file?

12. Copying internet files using MSDOS batch-file