file update

Post by Srinat » Tue, 22 Jul 2003 20:13:55

Hi,

Is it possible to find that a file has been updated given a folder and
filename through a batch file?
Running on WIN-NT

Regards,
SSR

file update

Post by Ted Davi » Tue, 22 Jul 2003 22:58:29

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 13:13:55 +0200, "Srinath"

>Hi,

>Is it possible to find that a file has been updated given a folder and
>filename through a batch file?
>Running on WIN-NT

alt.msdos.batch.nt would be a far more appropriate place to ask this
question.

The answer is yes, but the question is so off-topic here that I am
reluctant to post anything on it.

It is reasonable to assume that your ISP doesn't carry the above
group, but it can be accessed through groups.google.com with only
moderate inconveninece ... or as a last resort, you can e-mail me.

file update

Post by Srinat » Tue, 22 Jul 2003 23:44:37

Hello TED,

Sorry for the wrong posting . As you said my ISP does not allow this
newgroup ; will try the other way.

SSR

Post by Timo Sal » Wed, 23 Jul 2003 01:20:46

> Sorry for the wrong posting . As you said my ISP does not allow this
> newgroup ; will try the other way.

I saw Ted's sensible response. Here, incidentally, is the full path
in case you need it

  At Google: http://groups.google.com/groups%3Fas_ugroup=alt.msdos.batch.nt

   All the best, Timo

Useful batch files and tricks ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsbat.zip

1. Proper file update (DOS/Windows)

I have written a simple C++ data acquisition program, compiled with
Borland C++ if it matters.  It is a Windows 3.1 program, but only
because it is using the window-as-a-console startup; it is really a
DOS program.  The program basically executes the following loop:

        while (not done) {
                create next new data file;
                write next data set to this data file;
                close this data file;
        }

However, I find that the data files don't get updated until the
program actually exits; for example, popping up a File Manager window
before my data program exits shows all the files written so far to
have zero length.  Can I force the files to be updated properly when
they are closed, rather than having to wait until the program exits?
[If I run this program under Windows 95, will the same thing happen?]

--
Stephen Walton, California State University, Northridge

2. Setup DNS behind Firewall (DMZ)

3. S5 hard reset when changing batteries

4. Internet computer sites file update

5. Quantum HDD vibrations help!!

6. DOS Driver/AUTOEXEC Files Updates

7. Upgrade to 38800 BPS

8. ANNOUNCE: Timezone files updated

9. ANNOUNCE: autoconf 2.50 (update #2) + m4 update

10. bkup10.zip - 4DOS BTM pgm for updating PC with new files

11. Lost files and smiley faces in filnames after DOS 4.01 update

12. scripting prog. to update text files