I lost d: partition. How to recover it?

Post by Mike » Thu, 02 Mar 2000 04:00:00

System: windows 98, pentium 200MMX, 1 HDD Caviar 8.4Gb with 4 partitions
(First c: is 32 bit HPFS, second d:, third e: and fourth f: are DOS 16
bits).
-When I added a second HDD, Windows 98 told me about a "problem" with
partition nr.2 (D:) of first HDD, and from then I lost D: (it said "unknown
partition type") even if I removed the second HDD from the computer.
-Can someone tell me how I can recover data of this partition?...sniff it's
about 2Gb!
-I don't see nothing from DOS or LINUX: only the partition type is correct
(DOS 16 bits).

-Thanks, thanks a lot...
MIKE.

Post by Russ Grave » Fri, 10 Mar 2000 04:00:00

> System: windows 98, pentium 200MMX, 1 HDD Caviar 8.4Gb with 4 partitions
> (First c: is 32 bit HPFS, second d:, third e: and fourth f: are DOS 16
> bits).
> -When I added a second HDD, Windows 98 told me about a "problem" with
> partition nr.2 (D:) of first HDD, and from then I lost D: (it said
"unknown
> partition type") even if I removed the second HDD from the computer.
> -Can someone tell me how I can recover data of this partition?...sniff
it's
> about 2Gb!
> -I don't see nothing from DOS or LINUX: only the partition type is
correct
> (DOS 16 bits).

> -Thanks, thanks a lot...
> MIKE.

> --

Partition problems are NO FUN!!!  DOS/Windows do not really have anything
that can get your data back easily.
There is a program called Lost and Found by Powerquest -
www.powerquest.com that will recover data off of damaged partitions.  It
works great, it's like $70, but it's worth it if the data is important.  I
trashed a partition table accidentely, and this program saved my data.
Hope this helps...
Russ

1. How to recover lost HD partition?

Hi!

Does anyone know any disk utils (shareware/freeware) which can restore my
lost partition (fat32).
I've tried Revival (http://www.chollian.net/~ship3/),  but it didn't
recover my lost partition, and I've tried Tiramisu (www.recovery.de), which
seems to be able to recover my disk, but I must pay $218 in reg. fee (!!!),
if I want to write the lost partition to a disk.

Thank you in advance!
-Runar

2. COM Interop Deployment

3. Recover lost Dos-partition after fdisk

4. DAT - CD transfer

5. Recovering a lost disk partition

6. Like to prevent telnet from connecting to high ports to discourage mud usage

7. Need to recover a lost logical partition...

8. transparent image

9. How to recover lost partitions?

10. Help - Partition Table problem - Lost access to extended partition

11. Help--Parition lost, need to recover

12. Recovering lost data