Autoexec.bat

Post by Tabletenni.. » Mon, 03 Feb 2003 20:27:30

I have windows XP.  I'm wondering how to insert:

set PATH=C:\DJGPP\BIN;%PATH%

set DJGPP=C:\DJGPP.ENV

       Into my autoexec.bat

Thanks
TIm

Autoexec.bat

Post by Dockee » Tue, 04 Feb 2003 01:42:40

For XP, things are actuallu easier than that.  I right
click on "My Computer" and get from the Advanced Menu
the item that lets you change environment variables.
You can set your variables there, and you do not even have
to restart.  (Similar procedure for 2000 and NT)

Wayne

1. autoexec.bat and understanding bat files

When one uses notepad.exe to open autoexec.bat, the document looks like a
software program code resembling BASIC.

What does autoexec.bat do, and how can we use it or change it to do different
things?  How does autoexec.bat do its things?  Can we write new autoexec.bat
files with other names  (somethingsomething.bat) for any reason?

G C

2. Signaling protocols problem, E & M Vic Card

3. my autoexec.bat disapear

4. Anyone have problem with Cat 5k and HP Openview

5. adding line to autoexec.bat

6. No music from CD....

7. Starting the autoexec.bat

8. Security:-Wincrypt for NT and Win95/98

9. * HELP NEEDED DESPERATELY FOR AUTOEXEC.BAT *

10. AUTOEXEC.BAT PROMPT

11. DIRCMD in autoexec.bat files...

12. 4DOS 5.0B not loading AUTOEXEC.BAT

13. DIRCMD in autoexec.bat files...