Source for Borland Turbo C, C++ Libraries

Source for Borland Turbo C, C++ Libraries

Post by REI.. » Sun, 04 Nov 1990 11:35:49

Is it possible to get source from Borland for their C/C++ libraries?
Many companies supply source, or sell it separately, but I've never
seen even a mention of it in Borland advertising or documentation.
I've seen a few mail-order houses selling a 'Turbo Developers Library'.
Is this the library source, or is it something else?

thanx in advance,
  Reid M. Pinchback

Post by Rhys Weatherl » Mon, 05 Nov 1990 07:08:03

>Is it possible to get source from Borland for their C/C++ libraries?
>Many companies supply source, or sell it separately, but I've never
>seen even a mention of it in Borland advertising or documentation.
>I've seen a few mail-order houses selling a 'Turbo Developers Library'.
>Is this the library source, or is it something else?

Borland does sell the run-time library.  An order form for it should
be in the box you received your copy of Turbo C/C++ in (assuming of
course you have a legal copy :-).

There is a "no-nonsense" license agreement you have to sign, as well as
parting with $150.00 of your hard-earned cash (I think this is US
dollars).

Rhys.

+===============================+==============================+
||  Rhys Weatherley             |  University of Queensland,  ||

+===============================+==============================+

Post by Steelwork » Mon, 05 Nov 1990 14:33:15

   Is it possible to get source from Borland for their C/C++ libraries?
   Many companies supply source, or sell it separately, but I've never
   seen even a mention of it in Borland advertising or documentation.
   I've seen a few mail-order houses selling a 'Turbo Developers Library'.
   Is this the library source, or is it something else?

   thanx in advance,
     Reid M. Pinchback

Yes.  Amonst the prolific documentation included in the Turbo C
Package is request for library source.  It might be cheaper to get  it
from a mail-order house.  Search, and ye shall find.
Rob Blair

Source for Borland Turbo C, C++ Libraries

Post by John Schmi » Mon, 05 Nov 1990 11:10:16

If you get a "legal" copy of TC (i.e., buy it off the shelf) there is
a card included to order library source code.  It's not free.
(Sorry, don't have the card handy right now.)

Post by Scot Kellan Forb » Sat, 10 Nov 1990 07:05:54

>>Is it possible to get source from Borland for their C/C++ libraries?
>>Many companies supply source, or sell it separately, but I've never
>>seen even a mention of it in Borland advertising or documentation.
>>I've seen a few mail-order houses selling a 'Turbo Developers Library'.
>>Is this the library source, or is it something else?

Is there a font editor available for the Turbo C/C++ graphics library
(preferably PD) with which you can create new .chr files?  If not,
does anyone know the format for these files or where it is documented?

Please e-mail replies, I'll post a summary if requested.
Thanx in advance for any information!

Scot Forbes

Source for Borland Turbo C, C++ Libraries

Post by a.. » Mon, 12 Nov 1990 19:53:42

Quote:> Is there a font editor available for the Turbo C/C++ graphics library
> (preferably PD) with which you can create new .chr files?  If not,
> does anyone know the format for these files or where it is documented?

[ Several tries to reply by E-mail failed, so here goes...]

On Simtel20 and wuarchive.wustl.edu under pd1:<msdos.borland> there are 2
files: BGIDRIV.ARC and BGIFONT.ARC.  The first one contains the description
of BGI file format.  The second one contains a font file (CHR) editor and (I
believe) the description of the CHR file format.

Hope this helps,
Anto.

1. difference between Borland C++ & Borland Turbo C++

<Jack>

Borland C/C++ versions (without Turbo) are the professional versions.
For example, BC31 should include Turbo Assembler.  It has two IDEs, one
that runs in DOS and can build DOS or Windows programs, and one that
runs in Windows and makes Windows programs only.

The Turbo C/C++ versions were cut down less expensive versions, usually
only for DOS or only for Windows (depending on which one you bought).
As far as I know, they didn't come with Turbo Assembler, and I think
maybe not the separate Turbo Debugger, which is more powerful than the
debugger built into the IDE.

I am not sure which is newer, since I bought no Turbo versions after
the first version of Borland C came out.  You could look at the dates
on the executable files.

</Jack>

2. Unlinking files from within xemacs

3. Borland C++ or Turbo?? Borland C++ 4.0 shortcoming.

4. MIDL target

5. Borland Publicly releases Turbo Vision 2.0 source code for C++

6. MFC: Filemapping Question

7. Borland C++ and Turbo C libraries

8. JVM Redhat 9

9. Linking Borland C++ code, libraries and MSC library

10. Linking Borland C++ code and libraries with a MSC library

11. Borland C++ vs. Turbo C++

12. Difference between Turbo C++ and Borland C++?

13. Borland C++ or Turbo C++ ?